PDA

View Full Version : Glutten for punishment????

abunaitoo
10-09-2012, 01:30 AM
As I posted on this forum, I've been having problems with my old Lyman Auto Scale.
Very frustrating.
I finally got it working right.
We had our gunshow this past weekend.
Being a glutten for punishment, I found another one.
Older one with the black body. Used, but looks to be almost new. Original box and papers.
Got it at a price I couldn't turn down.
Now I just have to hope this one works without any problems.
Gunshows can be dangerous sometimes.

r1kk1
10-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I remember when gun shows made me poor, now they piss me off. Once in a while I find a great deal. I went to one in Pueblo last year and they guy was selling MEC bushings for higher than new price. I should him what they were on the web using a smart phone and he told me to buy them there. I did and in front of him. No sweat, my money. Did pick up some older RCBS and Lyman moulds I didn't have for cheap. My wife negotiated that deal. I still look for nose punches and sizers. The one in Tulsa is great but a lot of walking.

Take care

r1kk1

LUBEDUDE
10-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I went to one in Pueblo last year and they guy was selling MEC bushings for higher than new price. I should him what they were on the web using a smart phone and he told me to buy them there. I did and in front of him.

Awesome! I love it! [smilie=p:

Man some guys at those shows are just tooo greedy.

largom
10-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I avoid all of the large gun shows and look for the really small ones held at a gun club, firehall, VFW and others. If the admission price is low it is usually a small show with private sellers and small dealers. Can usually find some good deals there.

Larry

Shiloh
10-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I remember when gun shows made me poor, now they piss me off. Once in a while I find a great deal.
r1kk1

Know what you mean. Some folks are really in love with there stock. Iv'e seen the same thing countless times. Buying a currently available used item for the same or more than new?? Please.

I avoid all of the large gun shows and look for the really small ones held at a gun club, firehall, VFW and others. If the admission price is low it is usually a small show with private sellers and small dealers. Can usually find some good deals there.

Larry

Very true. Got some older Lyman handles for $10 and a 10/22 stock for the same price. Smaller show.

Shiloh

H.Callahan
10-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I, too, am off gun shows. At the larger ones, the prices of reloading stuff is at or above retail. Gun wise, if you are interested in anything other than ARs and accessories or tupperware handguns, you are out of luck.

The smaller shows, at least around here, seem to be the same half dozen vendors selling the same old excrement that they haven't been able to sell for years. If you DO find consumables, they are almost always above retail.

Since there are never shows anywhere in the near area where I live, when you add up the gas to get there, the money spent on food and stuff when you are on the road, it is a loosing proposition.

Shiloh
10-10-2012, 10:00 PM
They still have gun shows in Illinois??

I go to look. I pay my $5 and it comes out of the entertainment budget. I see people I know, and it becomes a social event. There is a fellow who sells powder and primers for a fair price at the local show.

Shiloh

PS Paul
10-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Can't tell you how many sporting goods shows, gun shows, boat shows and the like I've been to and not spent a dime but for admission and food/parking. Still, enjoyed darn near every last one of them, purchase or not. Part of the fun, it lets me get out of my "workaday world" and see some other folks out there in the country. Still like 'em, despite some of the ridonkulous pricing!!

H.Callahan
10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
They still have gun shows in Illinois?
Not many that you would want to go to.

This region is kinda the armpit of the nation when it comes to things firearm related. Not sure why, exactly. I grew up in this area and moved away for about 30 years and now have moved back. Attitudes don't seem to have changed too much, but all the gun shops, sporting goods stores dealing with firearms, (good) gun shows and ranges that were here when I was a kid/young adult have disappeared in my absence.

wv109323
10-11-2012, 04:23 PM
When some one has a gun that is well over priced I usually leave that table with a comment of " I didn't know that my gun at home was worth that much"

bob208
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
there is a sow this weekend 15 mi from the house i will not be going all ar and ak stuff. the winchesters i ask them if they would like to see a nice one. i don't bothere much any more.