PDA

View Full Version : Floyd, VA

jcwit
10-07-2012, 11:13 PM
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jim
10-08-2012, 07:38 PM
JC, did I miss something?

jcwit
10-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Was letting you'all know that Floyd, VA was mentioned on our PPS tv station during a program regarding the Blue Ridge Parkway & The Skyline Drive. Was very interesting and informative about the roads, area, towns and the building. I've driven the length and it is a beautiful drive.

Jim
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Was letting you'all know that Floyd, VA was mentioned on our PPS tv station during a program regarding the Blue Ridge Parkway & The Skyline Drive. Was very interesting and informative about the roads, area, towns and the building. I've driven the length and it is a beautiful drive.

I'm sorry I missed your post!

When Janet and I discovered Floyd, we went home but just couldn't get the place out of our heads. Eight months later, we moved here and here is where we're gonna stay.

45nut
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=n6kQeoEr3CA

Ever seen this jim?

Rick N Bama
03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Two years ago, this coming June, my wife & I decided to make a visit to Beckley WV, then over to Waynesboro VA to hit the Blue Ridge Pkwy. At that time I didn't have a clue that Sunday night would find us staying in Christianburg, then Monday morning would find us (mainly my wife) at School House Fabrics in the town of Floyd. I still regret that I did not have Jim's contact info so that he could have bought me a cup of coffee & maybe some BS. Hopefully I'll be up that way again some day.

Rick

runfiverun
03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i thought woodstock had taken control of the key board..

Jim
03-12-2013, 03:43 PM
I had not seen the video, but I know Mr. Wood. He comes out to the 'coon club for the card shoots. A finer gentleman you'll not find.

bbs70
03-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Some years ago I took a motorcycle trip to Holden, WV to see where mom was born.
Then I went to Skyline drive and down the Blue Ridge.
Man what a beautiful ride that was, simply beautiful country.