PDA

View Full Version : Chamber issue?

timspawn
10-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a suppressed Ruger 77/44 that I shoot 44 Special in. I just sat down to resize my brass and it was a bear to get it into the die. I have used the dies on magnum brass with no issues but it was not fired in the same rifle. I put a little lube on the cases and they went in like they should. This was new factory loaded ammo when I shot it. My question is could my chamber be oversized just a little and this would cause the resizing issue?

o6Patient
01-02-2013, 10:54 AM
It's entirely possible but not likely, brass fired is typically larger than the die ; that is why you are
resizing it in the first place, you could have a combination of a very full sized chamber and a very min
tolerance die. I would start by cleaning the die, you did say it went right in with some lube on it.
And if the brass has a little out side neck chamfer; that should help...the reason I'm interested is that
I too want to get one of these..already load 44mag pistol so it seems like a natural follow through for me.

o6Patient
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
No disrespect intended truly; but I'm assuming in the post above that this is a carbide sizer
die right? ( we all know what assuming is good for)

timspawn
01-02-2013, 11:54 AM
No disrespect intended truly; but I'm assuming in the post above that this is a carbide sizer
die right? ( we all know what assuming is good for)

Yes. They are new RCBS carbide dies.

o6Patient
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
For what it's worth I've had no complaints with RCBS dies? must have a dozen
set or so, I am not familiar with the chambers on these rugers.