PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 358345....?

Lawyerman
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Found a new in box Lyman 4 Cavity 358345. I had never seen this little bullet before, it seems awfully stubby, research indicates 115 grains. Dunno what I would do with it....$60 which seems like a good price for a new 4 cavity- Estate sale, this stuff is 30 years old or more and a bunch of it is NEW- never out of the vapor wrap. Going through a pile of molds right now.

fcvan
10-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Excellent score! It is worth a great deal more than your purchase price. I would say try it out and see if that pony fits in your stable. If not, I'm sure there are folks who would buy/swap with you for something you would rather have. I've looked at some boolit pictures posted on this site and they are dandy. Good find there buddy!

Lawyerman
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
It doesn't really fit with what I normally shoot.....but it is a very nice mold. Going through the pile. Mostly old Lymans- gray and black boxes, most never used as far as I can tell. Neat stuff.

rintinglen
10-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I have a 2 cavity version, and I like the boolit, but I have trouble getting properly filled out boolits from it. It shoots very well, though. I have even used it in 380 loads for grins and giggles.

Guesser
10-05-2012, 06:11 PM
I have an Ideal DC. I load it in 9MM to use in my BH convertible. I size .358, it drops larger, probably close to .360 with a soft alloy.

Lawyerman
10-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I may cast a few and see if they shoot for me but it will be awhile as I have lots of stuff to sort through. Was an interesting sale, I bought the mold for $60 but then made an offer on "all of it" and ended up spending two hours loading my truck. Lots of stuff I have never seen before.....old.... I think I did pretty well but it was a chunk of change......thankfully I was expecting to spend some money on a trailer when I saw the sign and had some extra cash on me.