PDA

View Full Version : Lee New Precison Lube and Size Kits

wch
10-03-2012, 07:43 PM
What are your opinions of these sizers?

fryboy
10-03-2012, 08:10 PM
umm there's new ones ?? not these ones ?

http://leeprecision.com/bullet-casting/lube-and-sizing-kit/

if it's those'n's most folks like'em alot ( me included )

Down South
10-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I have used several of the Lee sizers in the past and they work great. I still have them in case the Star ever gives me a problem.

1bluehorse
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I really like the Lee sizers (have several). Fast and easy to use with the "catcher" on top. However I do NOT like LLA.....so I'll stick to the lubrasizer..

Down South
10-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I really like the Lee sizers (have several). Fast and easy to use with the "catcher" on top. However I do NOT like LLA.....so I'll stick to the lubrasizer..

I used to pan lube then run through the Lee's. I've got a pile of the mule snot "LLA" laying around but to be honest, I've never tried it.

bbqncigars
10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I've been a fan since the early seventies, when they were the 'smack'em through' sizers. Those were quickly modified to mount in my Co-Ax press in order to avoid annoying SWMBO with all the pounding. The Lee sizers have always been a good value.

TXGunNut
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I think they're a great complement to the TL boolits and for some cartridges I like the TL boolit best. Simple, easy, works....like most Lee stuff.

TheDoctor
10-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I think they're a great complement to the TL boolits and for some cartridges I like the TL boolit best. Simple, easy, works....like most Lee stuff.

Don't say that to a Dillon fan!

TXGunNut
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
A Dillon fan typed that! :Fire:

VHoward
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Most of Lee equipment is fine to use. Just not their auto-progressive presses. I have had both and was dis-appointed by both.

Moonie
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Most of Lee equipment is fine to use. Just not their auto-progressive presses. I have had both and was dis-appointed by both.

I have both and they work just fine, not disappointed at all.

Jeff82
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I liked the Lee Sizers. They're cheap and work well. I think they'd be great if you pan lube. I haven't had good luck with tumble lubing liquid Alox. Eventually, I bought a lubrasizer for the sake of convenience, etc..

Down South
10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
They do work well for pan lubing. If a guy only worked with small batches of boolits say like for a 45-70, it would be perfect. I never had a problem with the Lee push through sizers.
But for me, I don't have time for a lot of my casting to pan lube and use the Lee sizers. For instance, I cast and lubed over 1,500 380's the other day. I'd never attempt to pan lube and use a push through sizer for that.
It's just getting into casting season now. I'll be casting thousands of rounds over the course of the next few months. My routine is to cast one day and size the next.
I still use my Lee push through for the 45-70 but I might not cast more than a couple hundred rounds at a time for it.

1bluehorse
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I'd like to add to my original answer. IF..you find that LLA or a different tumble lube, (I hear high praise for 45-45-10 but I've never made or used it) will work for you, you'd be hard pressed to find an easier, faster, way to size and lube bullets. I still haven't completely given up on it....well I have on LLA, but intend to try some others.

Four-Sixty
10-10-2012, 03:30 PM
I love the Lee kits and tumble lubing has worked very well for me.

The only part I don't like is getting the lube on my fingers.

I heat up a 6" skillet with my MAPP gas torch. Then, I put in a piece of aluminum foil. I put 50 boolits onto the foil. I let the heat from the hot skillet warm the boolits.

Next, I put about half a teaspon of JPW in a tupperware type of tube. I then put about 3-4 drops of LLA in. I then dump in the warmed boolits and swirl it around for about a minute.

Finnaly, I set the boolits on a board to dry. After they are dry, about 15-20 minutes, I push them through the sizer.

After I size them, I give them another twirl through my process to get a second coat of LLA & JPW on them.

I use very little lube and can size/coat boolits pretty darn fast. I have got some promissing results doint this with regular groove boolits to. I need to play more with that though to confirm.