PDA

View Full Version : dont know where to ask this price question

toooldtocare
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
So I will ask it here. What's the value of a 50 round bag of new unfired 308 Remington win brass?

Ickisrulz
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Grafs lists it for $24. Midsouth lists it for $21. MidwayUSA lists 100 pieces for $46. MidwayUSA is the only one who has it in stock.

toooldtocare
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks. I did a quick search and found nothing

Love Life
10-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Midwayusa.com
Grafs.com
Google.com type in 308 Winchester brass

starmac
10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
The last time I checked here at sportsmans, it was 28.99 for fifty iirc.
It sounds like midway is in the neighborhood of 23 per fifty, don't know how much or if they charge for shipping.

lmcollins
10-04-2012, 12:24 AM
When I was a kid my father had an autoparts business. Often someone would come in looking for a part and say, "but "Joe's" only wanted ----- for it, and my father would say, well I would sell it to you for that if I too didn't have it to sell it to you."

Take note: you are looking at old prices on merchandise not on hand to be sold. What will the out-of-stockers be selling it for when they finally get some? Do you want it? Do you need it?

If I could live on wishfull thinking, I'd live a hell of a lot higher.

toooldtocare
10-04-2012, 01:18 AM
When I was a kid my father had an autoparts business. Often someone would come in looking for a part and say, "but "Joe's" only wanted ----- for it, and my father would say, well I would sell it to you for that if I too didn't have it to sell it to you."

Take note: you are looking at old prices on merchandise not on hand to be sold. What will the out-of-stockers be selling it for when they finally get some? Do you want it? Do you need it?

If I could live on wishfull thinking, I'd live a hell of a lot higher.

Very good point. The reason I ask Is I ended up with 10k 308 new brass. The guy owed me quite a bit of money for fixing his tractor. Well I got paid in brass. So I have to figure what is a fair price to sell it and ship it to recoup the money I lost on his antique Oliver

tomme boy
10-04-2012, 01:22 AM
$2/lb at the scrap yard if you have to.

toooldtocare
10-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Scrap Is an option. But I will try to sell it here first. I looked at midways prices+special handling fee+shipping. I think I can give the members a good price and break even. I will sit on it till I can post in the swapping section. My 30 days should be up soon.

Love Life
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
10K pieces of unfired 308 brass? Holy smokes!!! If I had that I would sell half and look for a 308 to feed the other half to.