PDA

View Full Version : ramrod help

garbear
10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I have a 45 cal jukar rifle. I have posted about earlier. The rifle shoots great. I am shooting round ball with a light charge for rabbits. Anyway on to my questions. I broke the orginal ramrod. Can anyone tell me what diameter ramrod. It seems to be odd in size. I can build one but almost rather find a undbreakable one so I don't have to worry about breaking another one.
Garbear

docone31
10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
It is 3/8ths.
I took my Jukar and full stocked it in Southern Mountain Rifle. Mark of Fire and Iron did the inletting. It came out real well.
You are right, it is a good shooter. In the full stock, it is a comfortable rifle. Gets a lot of looks at the range.

gnoahhh
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Contact Dunlap Woodcraft in Virginia. (google them.) They sell straight grain hickory ramrods that are top notch, requiring little work to put into service. (Their ML and U.S. military replacement stocks are pretty nice too.)

garbear
10-03-2012, 08:30 PM
It is 3/8ths.
I took my Jukar and full stocked it in Southern Mountain Rifle. Mark of Fire and Iron did the inletting. It came out real well.
You are right, it is a good shooter. In the full stock, it is a comfortable rifle. Gets a lot of looks at the range.

What stock will fit my rifle. Or Do I need to contact them about a stock. I know the rifle isn't that valueable but I like it and my dad put it together. I enjoy shooting it.
Garbear

Boerrancher
10-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I would go with a good hickory rod and stay away from the fiberglass ones. If you have a good shooting rifle, and want to keep it that way, avoid the glass rods as they are bad to wear on the rifling. If you doubt this take a glass rod and saw it across the bottom of your barrel a few times. Do it where it can't be seen because it will leave a mark.

Best wishes,

Joe

docone31
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
This is the stock I used,
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/904/1/STK-TN
The lock cleaned up real well, inletting was no issue.
Mark of Fire and Iron did the lion's share on it. Looks real good. I used an early Hawken butt plate. The rest is what it came with.
No more two piece stock! It did make a difference and it was worth it.

mooman76
10-03-2012, 09:39 PM
There are several different types of high tech plastic rods that work very well and are also unbreakable.

T Herder
10-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Try one of these, they work for me.
http://www.rmcoxyoke.com/inc/sdetail/149
Best regards,
T Herder