PDA

View Full Version : Something funny I thought.

trying2learn
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/03/ytehunuh.jpg
Here is the pic I referenced later in the post.
Well I went and got a single burner hot plate and went to pan lubing some bullets. Had never used the burner and wasn't honestly expecting much power from it. So I put my 30 or so boolits on my little pan turned back to get the lube I had and a knife to slice it up only to turn around to a puddle of lead. I couldn't stop laughing.

Then today I watched a load of videos that if were on tape would have been probably a ton of it. Then tried again tonight just to find using a pair of pliers to pop the lube boolits out of the cake and man was it so much easier then what I had been trying. Rather rewarding too.

So for that I thank you all for the threads I read and the videos I watched which I am sure were from some of the fine people here.
I would like to issue a warning that a 1100 watt hot plate is enough to melt a small amount of lead on the medium setting. I may post some picks of my first successful tubing after dinner. Just wanted to say a quick thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

fryboy
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
but but we wanted to see the puddles ... :kidding:

trying2learn
10-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Trust me i was trying to find my phone. My son (toddler) took it off my desk and had hid it. I still laugh everytime i think about that "learning" experience.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2