PDA

View Full Version : GAs up .20 cents today

gray wolf
10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I used to wonder about the people that said they had to choose between
gas in the vehicle or food on the table.
I don't wonder anymore, and if it gets any worse I will have to walk in order to get the food. Thank you Obambam and the other control freaks that think they can run the world. WHY ? as if I didn't know.
$$$ 4.20 a Gal. and gonna get worse.

GRUMPA
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Around here we expect it to get worse this winter with the apex about Jan or Feb of next year.

dragonrider
10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
$3.85-$3.89 around here.

Junior1942
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
>Thank you Obambam

He should have paid attention during Blowout Preventer 1010 class at Harvard Law School.

trying2learn
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree gas is way out of control. I haven't been able to do any extras like going to a range and shooting or taking my kids to do some fun things. Luckily I have a good friend that lets me shoot in his pastures. Otherwise my reloading would be doa. But I agree any worse and I will have to ride a bike the 25 mile one way highway trip to work just to be able to feed my kids.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

doctorggg
10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
The price of gas has cut down my shooting considerably. It's 52 miles each way with a Chevy truck getting 16 mpg. I pray Obama and his clean energy is not reelected.

shooter93
10-02-2012, 06:11 PM
It's a bigger proplem for a lot of people than most people realize graywolf and it effects the price of EVERYTHING. The mortgage debacle wasn't just bad borrowers. There were quite a few people who saw the costs to get to work rise from 100 to 4-500 dollars a month. Something wasn't getting paid and it takes a year to get you out of a house but utilities get cut off quickly if you don't pay. Can you imagine the increase in heating costs to huge factories alone, it's a very large part of price increases across the board.....and Junior....although tragic...the wells that went off had very little to do with total supply.

10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Over last night, the price went up seven to ten-cents, depending on the station and brand.

waksupi
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
If gas would drop to a buck and a half a gallon tomorrow, by next spring the economy would be booming.

frkelly74
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
It does seem that the environmentalists have got a strangle hold doesn't it?

starmac
10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
The messiah told us that this was planned before he was elected, so anyone that voted for him has no complaint what soever.

Rumors here say it will be going up 40% here this winter, not 40 cents, but 40% We have a new coal fired power plant that is closed, and I have to go to the polls right now to try to pass a bill to keep the borough from outlawing heating with wood and coal.

stubshaft
10-02-2012, 09:12 PM
$4.57 in my neck of the woods.

Frank46
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Just passed the local stop and rob. $3.56 for regular. Frank

runfiverun
10-03-2012, 12:28 AM
everybody over to franks.

it's in the 4.00 range here too.
i have been wearing out the 4 wheeler recently running it all over town.
heck i poured the gas out of the lawn mower today into it to go up hunting.
i even pumped up the tires.

R.M.
10-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Mid $3.60'S here. I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Slow Elk 45/70
10-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Yup, it,s only going to get Worse.......along with food and all other necessary goods we have come to depend on....back to the woods.

fcvan
10-03-2012, 01:03 AM
4.47 in northern calif, 3.96 just over the border into Oregon. It was worth the 25 mile drive. Back in Colorado, it's still about a buck cheaper. Oddly, the price per barrel dropped but gas prices went up. Blah blah blah, it's the demand/capacity of the refineries. You would think that building a new refinery would be a priority. Google it, they don't build new refineries based upon common sense. Create a choke point, control the market at that point. Don't get me started . . .too late, I'm fuming already

starmac
10-03-2012, 01:10 AM
>Thank you Obambam

He should have paid attention during Blowout Preventer 1010 class at Harvard Law School.

The president doesn't need to know jack about bop's, but he should have been jailed for keeping people that do know from taking care of the spill.

Even after his moratorium proved against the law and had to be dropped, how long did he make sure no permits were given.
It gave a new meaning to never let a crisis go to waist, don't ya think.

All in all that little spill was just a drop in the bucket in the whole picture of his insane energy policies.

Rick N Bama
10-03-2012, 05:07 AM
I paid $3.45 yesterday, however I saw it priced as high as $3.79.

Rick

fryboy
10-03-2012, 06:04 AM
there's websites that list gas prices ( such as msn's gas prices ) it does kinda irk one to note that it's lower at every major city around them albeit those are 100 + miles away

alot of it goes back to that basic sin of greed ... a bunch of greedy investors can change a market and drive the price up like crazy yet as some noted it trickles to every aspect of life ( including their own ) so the few mil they made off manipulating the market changes the world as EVERYONE knows it yet all they care about is the extra cash in their pocket ( which if our worthless dollars became toliet paper they couldnt even wipe with because it's in numbers in some bank sheet :rolleyes:

bob208
10-03-2012, 06:28 AM
well around here you can tell when the price is going up. there is a tanker in the station filling the tanks.

i am not worried about shooting. we have a little farm so i started on a backstop monday.

garym1a2
10-03-2012, 06:38 AM
I got a high mpg car 4 years ago when gas hit $4 last time. I saved enough in fuel to pay for the car.

Love Life
10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I remember when gas shot up summer 2008 from around $1.80 to $4.75 a gallon in a few month period. I have always believed the housing crisis and recession was brought on by that. It was then that people stopped paying their bills.

Of course some were over extended, but were able to make ends meet. Once your transportation cost goes up from $100 a month to between $400-$500 a month there really is nothing you can do. There is no way to plan for that when it happens so fast.

I bought a bicycle and got healthier along with saving money.

Moondawg
10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
The Won announced several years ago that he wanted people driving electric cars, bicycles, or riding public transportation. He also anounced that he was going to put coal and coal power plants out of business and the price of electricity was going to increase, a lot. The people in the US, were going to have to start living like a third world country and quit thinking we were better than other countries.

Be lucky with our $4.00+ a gallon gas. The Won is putting our navy on a diet of biofuel that is said to cost close to $50 a gallon. Think what the next four years will be like. He will not have to run for re election and he has found out he can ignore and bypass congress. We are headed for interesting times.

gray wolf
10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Another penny today,
and yes I am very well aware of how the Gas price effects everything.
All consumables, and much more.

Love Life
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I hate how gas prices have made everything jump. I pay a man to cut my grandmother's grass since she is 79 years old. When I first started the service in 2007 it was pretty decent. Price has pretty much quadrupled since then.

GT27
10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyhpx4.gifhttp://i48.tinypic.com/2ef6adl.gif

Harter66
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM
In 07' I changed jobs when gas doubled because it took all of the gravy out of the check to fill the tank.

Jumped. 15 last night from 4.02 .04 to 4.17-19 . I'm scared to drive past the Shell and Chevron as they were already at 4.32 and $4.27 all Regular gas. Chevron diesel was 4.63.

I thought this was an election year and he was supossed to buy our votes w/gasoline?
I guess we don't have to worry about rioters throwing Molotov mixed drinks anymore.

Moonie
10-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I haven't checked today but yesterday it was down to $3.56/gallon, has been dropping like a stone for a week, down from almost $4/gallon a week ago.

Wally
10-03-2012, 01:37 PM
If gas would drop to a buck and a half a gallon tomorrow, by next spring the economy would be booming.

I have a feeling that you are correct about that. The Recession of 2007 started as a result of higher Gasoline/Diesel fuel prices...as prices have not dropped significantly and our economy is stagnant---I dare say there is an excellent correlation.

sparky45
10-03-2012, 01:53 PM
I live right in the middle of Oil and Gas country, wells all around my 10 acres. The price of Ethanol laced regular is $3.89/gal. Almost every natural gas producer in this area has stopped drilling and capped off most of their wells because of the low price. There is a refinery 40 miles to my east and one 60 miles to the northwest, yet our price at the pump is very high and going higher according to the owner at the local "choke and puke" where I fuel my vehicle. I'm afraid we are about to lose our country.

David2011
10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Living in the heart of America's domestic oil production, pretty much every station in town is at $3.79 for regular gas. Forty miles away, still in the Permian Basin, it's $0.20 - $0.25 lower. That's just far enough away that it's uneconomical to go there to fill up, but if I'm headed in the right direction you bet I'll wait to fill up.

Obama denies that he can control gas prices but his policies limiting drilling JUST MIGHT be contributory to the current prices.

David

merlin101
10-03-2012, 02:10 PM
The messiah told us that this was planned before he was elected, so anyone that voted for him has no complaint what soever.

Aint it amazing how nobady listened? He more or less came right out and said what he wanted to do and most people didn't hear it or chose not to![smilie=b:
The power companies had an auction buying/selling surplus electric futures, the going price for them in 2014 is 8 times what is now! What do you think thats going to do to your bill?:groner:

Silvercreek Farmer
10-03-2012, 02:25 PM
$3.69 here, down from a peak of around $3.89 (up to 10% ethanol). I will own a car that gets 35+ mpg until I die, I just can't take the risk of buying primary transportation that only gets 20 mpg at 25k+ miles a year, especially when gas eventually hits $10+/gal.

Plate plinker
10-03-2012, 03:07 PM
The two RRs better wake up and rail on fuel prices hard. I know my fueling cost is now my second largest bill each month and I could save 2400 to 3000 per year if we could just get down to two dollars again.

fatelk
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I haven't bought gas for over two weeks (working overseas) so I don't know what it's been doing here. I can tell you that the price of gas in Kaohsiung, Taiwan is $36 per liter. Of course their dollar is worth a little less than ours.

GRid.1569
10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
In the U.K. the equivalent price is now 8.47 USD a gall... I have reported higher prices previously only to have comments like... "I'm only interested in my side of the street"...

Still... I think this shows the way we & the world are going, you might not be there yet... but it's coming... Gas is as essential as food... only when the majority can't (or won't) buy it will the Governments of our respective regions look to tax something else... like the air that we breathe... Hey, 500 years ago Britain had a window tax, but isn't daylight provided free by the Sun?

Once you accept the truth that Government's view us as a crop, or herd; who's only purpose is to generate tax revenues - then you have the truth of what "they" think your worth....

I could go on but... it'll only depress & anger me further.... it seems this side of the pond the majority are content to be "Lambs for the Slaughter" in the system....

garym1a2
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
You would think the powers to be would have an energy policy and start to come out with some naturel gas cars. Since we waste at least 25% of what comes out of the ground.

I live right in the middle of Oil and Gas country, wells all around my 10 acres. The price of Ethanol laced regular is $3.89/gal. Almost every natural gas producer in this area has stopped drilling and capped off most of their wells because of the low price. There is a refinery 40 miles to my east and one 60 miles to the northwest, yet our price at the pump is very high and going higher according to the owner at the local "choke and puke" where I fuel my vehicle. I'm afraid we are about to lose our country.

starmac
10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
There have been natural gas vehicles for years, Like electric vehicles they are just not practicle for most real world uses.

Freightman
10-04-2012, 10:13 AM
There have been natural gas vehicles for years, Like electric vehicles they are just not practical for most real world uses.
Like where are you going to fuel it? as no one wants to have a compression station next to them for fear of a explosion. Our natural gas co. runs all there PU's off natural gas, but they have the means.

garym1a2
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Honda sells the Civic GX in CA and its a Naturel gas car.
Its also a good car if you have access to the fuel source.
Range about 200 miles.

Like where are you going to fuel it? as no one wants to have a compression station next to them for fear of a explosion. Our natural gas co. runs all there PU's off natural gas, but they have the means.

km101
10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Paid $3.65 today. But the price will go down before the election.....so the idiots will think better of the Pres. He has to maintain his voter base somehow.

RE,E,BER: TUESDAY NOV. 6TH IS TRASH DAY!! REMEMBER TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH!!!

10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Price went up another dime, overnight.

Edit to add: And another 15-cents since this morning. That's a total of 35-cents in two days.

waksupi
10-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I heard on the radio gas is pushing $6 in various California locations. Some stations are shutting down, refusing to pay the price of what they are getting from the suppliers. Blame this one on Wall Street, and every investor in the companies.

9.3X62AL
10-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Environmentalists are insane, civilization-hating, rock-and-tree-worshipping zealots. Stop coal-burning?? Are they NUTS?? No pipeline?? That confirms it. They ARE insane. There are only just so many caves for people to dwell in. Wind and solar energy are scams and/or pipe dreams, and their shills/pimps/believers are idiots. And buying oil from animated tea towels who subscribe to the gold standard while paying with paper vouchers is another idiot wind of Force 5 dimensions.

Wis. Tom
10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Get rid of the EPA, and make future traders take physical delivery, and the price of gas goes back to $1.84 per gallon, same as when Obama took office.

smokeywolf
10-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Not that I'm a tree-hugger but, if you eliminate restrictions on oil exploration and retrieval, you don't actually believe the oil companies would lower fuel prices to the consumer. Do you?
That's like saying, if all insurance fraud were eliminated the insurance companies would gladly pass those savings on to the policy holders, instead of pocketing the profits for themselves.
Oh, and the big O or any other politician for that matter would never lie to us. Riiiiiiiight!

Wis. Tom may be on the right track. Oil prices are artificially inflated by the futures traders.
I seem to remember Obama saying something about implementing policies that would prevent the manipulation of oil prices by the futures traders. What happened to that?

smokeywolf

Gator 45/70
10-05-2012, 12:50 PM
$ 3.53 here...Reg.unleaded...non ethanol..

1Shirt
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Back and forth here for the past month or so: One week 3.69, the next 3.79! Makes no sense to me.
1Shirt1

Moonman
10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Filled up a $3.40 this morning.

Freischütz
10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Current price in Anchorage is $4.09/gal of regular.

SciFiJim
10-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I envy you guys that are paying in the 3s for gas. I filled my tank last night for $4.75 at the local, cheap gas, shop & rob. My gasoline bill last month was $675. Next month I expect it to be more than my mortgage.

Yes, George W. Bush, we miss you now!!

wallenba
10-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I believe the corporate types like to probe the citizens tolerance for paying higher prices. They want to find the tipping point that we will tolerate before we stop buying. Just how much will we pay, then keep it there. Later they will push again.

Moondawg
10-06-2012, 04:51 AM
As I recall a Calif refinery had a explosion recently that shut it down, which really reduced supplies. Also I may be wrong but folks in California insist on using their own special blend of gasoline, not used by anyone else, and their state taxes on gasoline are higher. California has lots of underground oil, and there it stays. The state will not allow drilling, or so we are told. It seems like a lot of California's problems are self inflected.

Wis. Tom
10-06-2012, 08:02 AM
It helps that there hasn't been a new refinery built in the United States for 20 years. This gives them a reason to raise prices, at will, for any crisis, big or small.

DLCTEX
10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Our 3 local stations went down to $3.69 this past week from 3.79. 45 miles away I can get gas for 3.44 a gallon using a Walmart gas card. I have had to charge mileage for service calls and trips for materials as the cost of gas for three work trucks is a killer. Other companies in this area charge a minimum of $1.00 mile and more. I've held it at .75 per mile. That may need to change as the AAA says average cost of operating a vehicle is .88 a mile. My last truck cost $30,000 and had 170,000 miles in 4 1/2 years. Of course the IRS lets me deduct .54 cents a mile, so generous of them.

oldred
10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I seem to remember Obama saying something about implementing policies that would prevent the manipulation of oil prices by the futures traders. What happened to that?smokeywolf

He got elected. (Dang it hurt to say that.)

Junior1942
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
As I recall a Calif refinery had a explosion recently that shut it down, which really reduced supplies. Also I may be wrong but folks in California insist on using their own special blend of gasoline, not used by anyone else, and their state taxes on gasoline are higher. California has lots of underground oil, and there it stays. The state will not allow drilling, or so we are told. It seems like a lot of California's problems are self inflected.There should be a 50¢ per gallon extra tax on gasoline sold in any state which doesn't allow offshore drilling.

Mal Paso
10-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Good News for me, Diesel is back to being cheaper than Regular.

Bad News Diesel is $4.49/gal.

Moonie
10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I paid $3.84/gallon for Premium last night. Regular is under $3.60/gallon

Love Life
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Heck. $3.80 a gallon is our off season winter price for gas. In the summer it usually fluctuates between $3.95 and $4.30 per gallon of regular.

Harter66
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
35 cent jump last week 4.37 at our 2 "cheap" places. I can't wait till it gets expensive this winter. I paid 3.34 just 6 weeks ago.

Anybody remember the Chevron guy 2 years ago "oops we made 11 billion in profits last quarter" speech?

While I agree that electric cars aren't really practical out west, its 75 -140 miles to Walmart or Kmart or a Jiffy lube for me, there no excuse for not having in electric city fleet . Tom Edison patented the basic system on a T truck in 1917 , I think our batteries and motors have improved slightly in 95 years. See the Lincoln Library of essential information copyright 1927. Wind and solar power plants get killed by the "not in my back yard" so they service the customer from 80-100 miles away which means 2 extra step ups just to get it there. Never mind the ubber toxic juice running through the plumbing to make steam in the solar plants like Boron/Kramers jct Ca that I worked in briefly in the 80s.

For what its worth if wind energy were truly NFG then we would have never had a 12 day crossing of the Atlantic by Clipper ship regular service. I know we're past all that now. Coustou's Calypso, converted PT boat IIRC was wind driven toward the end of his career also.

Someone has to pay for the R&D on everything,unfortunately that's where wind and solar are now though solar should be getting cheaper as the original plants have been running nearly 25 years.

Crawdaddy
10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Gray Wolf, I am assuming you live in CA. If so, Gov Brown is coming to the rescue, he is authorizing the sale of winter grade gas early. It will drop the price a few pennies before the election... Oh yay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Love Life
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Just filled up. Regular is 4.46 a gallon. ***.

GRid.1569
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
.... but, if you eliminate restrictions on oil exploration and retrieval, you don't actually believe the oil companies would lower fuel prices to the consumer.

Can You spell... "Share Holder Value"... ?...

... ??? ... Mmm , does it make a dfference to how the system works. ? ...

Moondawg
10-09-2012, 04:02 PM
There are a large number of refineries in Texas. The president through the EPA has been trying for over a year to shut them down. So far the Governor, State Attorney General and other state officials have been holding the EPA off. If Mr. Obama gets re elected the state may not be able to hold the EPA off any longer. Shut Texas refineries down and you will really see your gas bill go nationwide. Also we have the Eagle Ford Shale strike in So. Central and So. A really huge amount of oil and gas beening drilled for and pumped, all on private land or State owned land. The administration is trying to get Dept of Interior and EPA the right/ability to come on private and State owned land and regulate Texas oil and gas production (ie shut it down). That will drive up both the price of oil and natural gas. O is closing down coal fired power plants and wants to regulate nutural gas production. What is that going to do to the price of electricty?

plmitch
10-09-2012, 04:16 PM
$4.99 this morning filling up the truck. I'll have to do it again in a day and half... should be $5.10 or more by then the owner said. Oh well, got to have it.