PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use NEI lately?

phaessler
10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I know this is a sore subject ,I have searched and read the dissappointment, but trying to help out some BPCR guys, and they use a bullet to which NEI cuts the mould.
Been trying to get some answers from NEI, and it seems they dont really want to answer them.
I sure miss BRP at times like this :cry:

Pete

Just Duke
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
What happen to BRP?

32ideal
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
See if Accurate will duplicate the mould for them (High Quality Moulds)
http://www.accuratemolds.com/

32ideal

:cbpour:

I know this is a sore subject ,I have searched and read the dissappointment, but trying to help out some BPCR guys, and they use a bullet to which NEI cuts the mould.
Been trying to get some answers from NEI, and it seems they dont really want to answer them.
I sure miss BRP at times like this :cry:

Pete

Springfield
10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
BRP got a "real job", as my wife would say, and shut down his bullet mould operation.

Just Duke
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
I would patronize one of the forum vendors/sponsors myself. NOE or MiHek

montana_charlie
10-02-2012, 12:05 PM
What question(s) have you sought answers for?

CM

btroj
10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I would patronize one of the forum vendors/sponsors myself. NOE or MiHek

That is all well and fine but doesn't allow for a oneor a kind mould or prompt delivery.

Accurate will get what you want to you, when you want it.

I have both NOE and Mihec moulds, they are very nice. Sadly, they are a long wait, group decision kind of thing.

phaessler
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I have used them all, and prefer Accurate for a one-off type of mould. Have several of his cut from my dimensions, and quality is astounding.
But, the mould I am seeking is a round nose type and Tom currently only services"A flat meplat of at least 0.18 inch diameter."

+1 btroj, sometimes the group buy time doesnt coincide with ones match schedule, or tryingto get a minimum of truly-specialized moulds cut.

I got my answers this morning , just after reading the previous posts, I dont have the warm fuzzy feeling I need to commit to the investment. I have enough paper weights to last a lifetime. Was hoping someone has had one cut recently and could brag on it.

Pete

bigboredad
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I'd give Tom a try and if he can't help you out I'd be real suprised. his only limitations I'm aware of is he hasn't started making hollow points yet and that's not a problem for most and he can't make a true rn design he leaves a flat point again not a problem for most. He will communicate and will answer any questions believe me I asked a lot on my last 2 designs and if he lost his patience he never let me know. the best part is you won't have to wait for a group buy or a year to get your mold

stubshaft
10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Lest us not forget Veral at LBT too.

GLL
10-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Every one-off mold I now have made comes from Accurate Molds ! Outstanding customer service, custom design drawings to your personal specs, and super-quick production !
He makes molds in your choice of aluminum, iron, or brass and answers my questions as fast as I can type them ! :)

I take designs from his extensive catalog, modify them to my own needs, and within a few days the custom mold is on my bench !

Jerry

Buckshot
10-03-2012, 12:17 AM
.............I haven't heard anything positive about NEI for the past couple of years. Pleanty of complaints and problems with them not taking care of problems during the same time period. Of course it follows that negative issues get all the air time, but you'd think if someone had gotten a nice NEI mould that did what it was supposed to do you'd have seen at least ONE post?

If anyone has recently had a positve result with NEI it'd be nice ot hear about it. Negatives are a dime a dozen but cudo's for a job well done are scarce. Last NEI mould I ordered was a good 12- 14 years ago and it was 'As advertised'. But I do believe that was while Walt was still there?

..............Buckshot

runfiverun
10-03-2012, 01:58 AM
10-12 woulda still been walt...
i have two of his molds and they are as good as anything else i own.
pretty much fill and empty with a little shake of the mold i do have one cav that's a little sticky from time to time, but a three second pass with a cigarette lighter fixes that right quick.
i might break down and spin a boolit in that cavity one of these day's.
or break out a magnifying glass [or maybe not it ain't that big of a problem]
but i really cannot tell one boolit from the other three even with my calipers.

phaessler
10-03-2012, 06:29 AM
As I stated I have a few of Tom's molds , and they perform perfectly, I also have Miha's, NOE's, Mountains, and an LBT.
Its all in who can cut the nose profile, and NEI already holds the cherry to the bullet thats in use.

excess650... havent heard of some of those you mention, but a few there I might have to look for...TY

Buckshot, I agree totally. It takes a lot of atta' boys, to erase one oh ---t.......

Pete

Wayne Smith
10-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Don't forget Paul Jones, he's still making molds, I believe.

32ideal
10-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Email Steve Brooks he told me less than 4 weeks delivery time on a custom what ever you wanted in his available bullets sizes for BPCR, outstanding moulds!!! steve@brooksmoulds.com

32ideal

That is all well and fine but doesn't allow for a oneor a kind mould or prompt delivery.

Accurate will get what you want to you, when you want it.

I have both NOE and Mihec moulds, they are very nice. Sadly, they are a long wait, group decision kind of thing.

pete501
10-12-2012, 09:16 PM
I own several NEI molds without complaint.

RobS
10-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I own several NEI molds without complaint.

Time frame on those NEI molds???

There are many great NEI molds out there that were made during a time when a true mold maker was working the machines over at NEI. Without Walt, NEI molds haven't had the quality or at least my experience was not very good 2 or so years ago.

pete501
10-13-2012, 08:44 AM
True, mine are all older molds.

375RUGER
10-15-2012, 10:54 AM
This guy cuts BPCR moulds.
http://www.boomersmoulds.com/