PDA

View Full Version : Anything new on the Gluelit project?

Captain Wheelgun
05-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I've been lurking here for some time now, finally got around to registering.

Has anyone done anything more with Gluelits and rifles? I am thinking of trying this out with my No4 MkI Enfield, using the Lee 165 gr mold and some .303 brass that is a little too streched out to use with normal loads anymore.

I have read all the other Gluelit threads, but nothing has been posted lately.

Thanks for your help.

KevMT
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I've been lurking here for some time now, finally got around to registering.

Has anyone done anything more with Gluelits and rifles? I am thinking of trying this out with my No4 MkI Enfield, using the Lee 165 gr mold and some .303 brass that is a little too streched out to use with normal loads anymore.

I have read all the other Gluelit threads, but nothing has been posted lately.

Thanks for your help.

Cap'n

All of my gluelit shooting is done with a revolver and straight walled pistol cases where the bullet is seated all the way down to the bottom of the case. I have probably shot over a thousand rounds of them in the garage with great sucess and even more fun. However, I am not sure how well bottle necked cases are going to work since the glulits have to seated normally and there is so much air space in the case. Hopefuly someone who has tried it will chime in but you may be on your own in terms of experamentation.

Kev

dk17hmr
06-06-2007, 08:44 PM
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=14522&page=2&highlight=30-30+glue

I shot them out of my 30-30, no powder just a 209 shotshell primer and a drilled out case.
Havent shot a GB in a long time, work, the rain, and college has kept me from shooting any bullet for that matter.

ktw
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM
What was the concensus on propellants?

Say I wanted to shoot 38 special glueits out of a revolver and/or a levergun at distances of 25 feet or less.

Is a standard primer enough? rifle/pistol primer? mag primers? 209 primer in drilled out case?

I collected up the glue gun and glue sticks but haven't found time to sit down and pour any yet.

-ktw

GP100man
06-09-2007, 01:02 PM
ktw

i have some 38spl. cases that i drilled the primers out to shoot rubber bullets out of & i usually use a mag primer weither shooting rubber ,wax or glue .

GP100man

twotoescharlie
06-09-2007, 01:32 PM
why not just shoot the wax boolits? at $20.00 a thousand-shipped, much easier and a whole lot less trouble.

TTC

HORNET
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
TTC,
There's lots of fun calibers that you can't get factory wax boolits for:roll: . Besides, where's the fun in that, may as well shoot them coppery things.:(

KevMT
06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Yeah....what hornet said!