PDA

View Full Version : kik eze. / cheek eze use

HeavyMetal
09-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Anybody have experience using these "sorbathane" products?

My interest is in the cheek eze pad, I have a shotgun I've finally got a good trap load built for and need to take a bit of sting out of my cheek.

Up side is this is a light 7/8's load and I broke my first 25 straight with it yesterday!

Cap'n Morgan
09-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I have a Kickease recoil pad on my .375 and it's great. I've tried a Cheekease pad on a shotgun with too much drop in the stock and didn't like it; It cured the drop, but the added thickness on the side of the stock prevented proper centering of the rib and I started shooting to the left of the targets.

HeavyMetal
09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Cap'n:
How thick was the cheekeze pad you put on the shotgun stock?

I know they offer 1/16. To a half inch and I am worried about changing poi.

Having said that I don't need but an 1/8 inch to cure the bite.

Cap'n Morgan
10-01-2012, 03:36 AM
How thick was the cheekeze pad you put on the shotgun stock?

It was either 3/16 or 1/4.

Notice that once the pad is installed, it's installed for good! I used it on a synthetic Beretta stock and literally had to scrape it off afterwards. I ended up having to use solvent to remove the last traces of glue.

crabo
10-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Do it. I have them on my Browning GTI and my Benelli. It does exactly what you want it for.

HeavyMetal
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
thanks Crabo that's what I wanted to hear!

My thought was to thick would do just what the Cap'n experienced move POI for the pattern.

I figure an 1/8 inch thick will soften the bite enough to keep from bruising my cheek bone, I hate getting old, and yet not change POI.

I am now on the lookout for a place here in LA that carries this product, Bass Pro's on that list after Turners.

Checked the makers web site 16 bucks not bad but 7 bucks for shipping? this thing lays flat and is light weight! 2 bucks max in a bubble envelope!

I like to buy local if I can, we'll see and thanks all for the input.