PDA

View Full Version : Venison WonTons

Tazman1602
09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey all,

I have a "family secret" recipe to share with you, it's vension egg rolls we call wontons. I got it from an old episode of Michigan Outdoors from a guy named Fred Trost years ago.

It *sounds* disgusting but it is very, very good. When we make venison burger -- I can't stand just straight venison, we mix it 50/50 with Jimmy Dean HOT pork sausage and use this as our venison burger. Here goes:

Venison burger 1-1.5lbs
Worchester sauce to taste
Lawrys and salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder
Onions to taste
2 tablespoons peanut butter (I know, I know, trust me on this)
Shredded cabbage

Cook up the burger to taste, if you don't like any of the seasonings use what suits your palete. Cook the onions with the burger.

When burger is done dump it in a large bowl and add two tablespoons of peanut butter --- (DO NOT HAVE ONE DRINK TOO MANY AND THINK MORE PEANUT BUTTER IS BETTER! Don't ask how I know that.)

Mix the burger/peanut butter up real good in the bowl, heat will melt the peanut butter and permeate the mixture.

Then mix with shredded cabbage -- again use as much or as little cabbage as you like. Mix well.

Spoon the mix into egg rolls and seal the ends with some scrambled raw eggs and dump into the deep fryer until nice and brown.

If you are diabetic (I am...) or have high cholesterol please don't eat too many of these, the deep frying is bad, and it may or may not jack your sugar although our calculations say it's not too bad sugar or carb wise besides the egg rolls and that is mostly protien.

These are really, really tasty and go great with a beer or two......like I said, it doesn't sound tasty but everyone who has ever eaten one at my house is amazed when I tell them what's in them.

Let me know if you try this and like it!

Art

Silvercreek Farmer
10-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Sounds good, I'll have to give it a try AFTER I hit my weight goal. Some Saracha sauce would probably go well...