PDA

View Full Version : Armi San paols 1860 Colt .44 C&B

hunter64
05-28-2007, 12:16 AM
I have heard and seen Uberti and Pietta but I have no knowlegde of Armi San paols 1860 revolvers. I know that they all come from Italy but does anyone have any experience with this manufacturer of the 1860 clone? There is one sitting in a gunshop for sale and it has never been fired as far as I can see at a really attractive price. It looks almost identical to the Uberti sitting right beside it for about 150 bucks cheaper. I guess I just want to know if I can find parts for it or can Uberti/pietta parts be used etc. I just don't want to buy a revolver that you can't get parts for. Any info would be helpful.

45nut
05-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I have a little San Armi 1849 Colt Baby Dragoon .31 that was poorly timed and generally in good condition otherwise. I mentioned it to a fellow gun nut and he said he could tend to the troubles so I left it with him for a couple weeks. He ordered up some parts and refitted and timed it perfectly. It was not mentioned to me being any trouble to get parts and a wall hanger pistol became a fine little shooter.
Yes,,it is marked made in italy and was imported by Replica Arms who knows when but for the $ you mention I would buy it.

Bad Flynch
05-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Armi San Paolo (Saint Paul) is now Euroarms. Some of them that I have seen are passably good.