PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Punch for NOE311247 ?

brandoninaz
09-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I recently picked up a Saeco Lubri Sizer (tired of pan lubing) with the intent of trying it out first with the bullets from my new NOE 311 247gr mold. I intended to use the Lyman style top punch provided with the mold, and an adapter for the Saeco press. Unfortunately, this does not leave nearly enough clearance for the bullet to slide in and be sized. So, now I am on the hunt for the proper Saeco top punch that will give me proper clearance.

Does a Saeco top punch exist that gives enough clearance for this bullet, or should I return the Lubri Sizer for a different model? If the bullet does have enough clearance with one of the standard Saeco punches, which punch would fit best?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

-Brandon

theperfessor
09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
See my sig line. I can help.

brandoninaz
09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Keith,

What do you propose, a conformal nose punch? Will that give enough clearance for the 1.335" long bullet, or will it have to be a short custom deal?

BTW, your Saeco-to-Lyman style adapter is working great. Thank you!

-Brandon

theperfessor
09-30-2012, 09:52 AM
I can make it as short as you want. Don't know the point shape on the bullet you refer to but a conformal punch should work fine for anything once it's set up.

That's always been the trouble with using an adapter in a Saeco for long bullets. The adapter and punch combo just don't leave enough room.

Pm me with a length that would work and we'll get you set up.