PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about changing some equipment

1bluehorse
09-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Got to looking at my reloading bench today and got to thinking about downsizing a bit. You know, take up a little less space. I have a couple Ammomaster progressive presses that I use occasionally (one set up with sp and one with large) because I'm just not shooting that much anymore. Plus it's only about a 10-15 minute job to convert between primer sizes. What I use for my handguns mostly is a Lee Classic Turret. So, having the parts to do it, I have decided to convert the bigger Ammomaster back into a single stage press. It's capable of loading the ma duece, (has the larger toggle and larger opening and bushing) so for the rifles I load for it's overkill but the large loading area is handy. The hard part of all this is getting rid of all my old Pacific stuff. :shock: I know, I could pack it away for later, but I'm trying to get away from that "oh, can't get rid of that, I may need it later" mentality...a fella can "collect" a lot of stuff that way and I've been "collecting" for 66 years....anyone else having these strange ideas??? haven't made up my mind for positive yet, but if you happen to be on E-bay in the near future and see a complete Pacific Multi Power reloading "kit" for sale, it'll probably be mine....[smilie=s:

GLL
09-27-2012, 09:51 PM
1bluehorse:

Do you happen to have the primer tubes for a Pacific Deluxe Pro press?
Drop me a note if you have any other random Pacific "stuff" for sale.

Jerry

1bluehorse
09-28-2012, 12:14 PM
1bluehorse:

Do you happen to have the primer tubes for a Pacific Deluxe Pro press?
Drop me a note if you have any other random Pacific "stuff" for sale.

Jerry

sorry pard, the only primer tube I have is for small primer, lost the large one. They are a heavy brass tube and are pretty difficult if not impossible to find. Not sure about the Deluxe Pro model but the Multi Power is pretty much the same as the current Hornady SS and I'm pretty sure the "auto" prime from it will fit my press. Albeit the tubes are aluminum...I have thought about trying to make some from brass tubing.

o6Patient
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I think some of us could loose 3/4 of our equipment and load just fine with less hassle as when
we first started loading. But to part with all the gizmos (we don't need) makes one wooozzie.