PDA

View Full Version : Need S&W 17-2 factory patridge front sight

jmsj
09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Hey Guys,
A guy brought me a S&W 17-2 that someone put a fiber optic front sight on. He wants me to find and install the original style pinned in patridge front sight. The problem is I can't find one anywhere. I am wondering if anyone here knows where I can purchase one? If I can't find one I'll have to machine one.
I have tried the S&W website, Brownell's, Midway, Numrich,Ebay, Gunbroker and surfed the web with no luck.
If you know where I can find one, please let me know.
Thanks, jmsj

MBTcustom
09-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Try the gungarrage. http://gungaragegunparts.com/
Just call the man and ask for what you want. If he doesn't have it, he'll tell you who would. I use this feller all the time.

jmsj
09-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks Tim,
I looked at his website and didn't see one but I'll try contacting him.
Thanks, jmsj

MBTcustom
09-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes call him. Great guy to talk to, and sometimes, he starts rummaging around for your parts while you are on the phone. He is one feller in this business that understands that sometimes folks are in a hurry. A couple times I needed parts for very impatient customers and by George, he got those parts to me fast!
There have been a couple times that he didn't have what I needed, but he knew where to send me, and I got what I was after because I talked to him.

jmsj
09-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey Tim,
I finally found a front sight for the 17-2. I looked on ebay and could not find just the front sight but they had a complete barrel listed. Instead of waiting for the people to bid the price up on ebay, I went back to Numrich's website and looked for a complete barrel assembly there instead of just the front sight. In the K frame accesories they had a cut off barrel with the patridge front sight still installed. I bought that for $10.00 plus $6.50 shipping.
I was so set on getting just the front sight I did not look at getting one from different angles. Just thought I would let you know.
Thanks for your help, jmsj

MBTcustom
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the info! I wouldn't have thought of a cutoff barrel either. Good to know!