PDA

View Full Version : Too much lube

RBDAVE
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Been using 45/45/10 with mixed results. Just got 450 sizer. Handle broken, no push out linkage and only has 358 die. Welded handle, made lower push pin and flat top punch. Made lube from 75% beeswax/25% atf. It flows ok and sticks to groove but some is stuck to bottom of bullets due to Lee 158 gr 358 rnfp desing being somewhat bevel based. Will this hurt ammo after storing or do I need to clean base off? Also could use 430, 356, 310, 314 and 452 dies if someone needs to get rid of them at fair price

fryboy
09-26-2012, 09:04 PM
ummm it's best to clean it off ( i usually have a folded up paper towel on me leg i wipe'm on , tech tip - i twist them on that lil bevel and finish with a slide ) i prefer to only keep powder n projectile inside of my cases , if you're going to shoot'em up that afternoon ...eh , but for longer termed storage ( loaded or unloaded ) wipin'em would be best , sometimes a stryofoam gasket for the base can be fashioned from a meat tray or such can help and sometimes judicious depth setting or lube pressure can play part in this , all require doin' just what you've been doing ( so keep doing it :P ) erm that requirement was called "experience " ;)
as for the dies ...keep your eye on the swapping and selling section

a person could mill the bevel base off such a mold , oughta weigh about 145 -155-ish then

your sizer ,lyman does stock the parts and they're actually pretty decent on shipping and shipping cost and parts (and it never hurts to get a extra piston or o-rings )

runfiverun
09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
that 358 could be the 356 you are looking for.
most 9m's do better at that diameter.