PDA

View Full Version : which tactical light mount for 12 gauge?

John in WI
09-25-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm looking through bunch of online reviews for a good way to mount a "tactical" light on my shotgun. It's a 12 gauge pump, and will be seeing some full-power loads.

Most of the reviews are good. Except, of course, for the people who actually shot the shotgun and had the clamp and flashlight move forward under the recoil.

Can anyone recommend a good mounting system for a 1" flashlight? I need one that actually works, not one that is going to slide and scratch the heck out of my barrel.

Also, would a layer of friction tape around the barrel and flashlight help prevent sliding under recoil?

Thanks for any advice

Tokarev
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I have Fab Defense forend on Rem 870. It's tri-rail. Lower rail has NC Star aluminum vertical grip and no-name mini laser mounted. One of the side rails had a light in a cheap aluminum ring mounted, until the light's lense/bulb cap fell of under recoil. This rig worked Ok at the range with slugs and RB loads, even though felt recoil should have been horrible for the accessories, as it's a pistol grip configuration.