PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Reader

blackthorn
09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
O.K. Kindle experts I have a question. My wife has a Kindle reader and she loves it. She says I should get one too and I think that may be a good idea, but, there are some free download books on firearms and some others that I have on my PC that I would like to be able to put on a Kindle so I have them all in one, easily accessible place. Is it possible to do what I want or am I going to be limited to what I can get through Amazon???

Recluse
09-25-2012, 01:33 PM
I believe you can download Calibre and it will convert the epub and PDF to the Mobi format that the Kindle uses.

I have the software on the big Mac upstairs at home. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

:coffee:

shooter93
09-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Ask at Amazon. I just ordered one of the new White Page readers and have had several questions and they were very helpful. You also find many....google is your friend....places on the net that answer all kinds of things about them and I believe Amazon has a Kindle forum.

blackthorn
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys! Yesterday I went on line and started investigating. I found a lot of information and as soon as I figger out what some of those acronyms mean matbe I will know what I can or can't do.

waksupi
09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.collegedegrees.com/blog/2008/06/17/hack-your-kindle-100-tips-resources-and-tutorials-to-get-more-out-of-the-amazon-kindle/