PDA

View Full Version : Savage 340 in 22 Hornet.

x101airborne
09-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi all.
I just bought a Savage 340 in 22 hornet for a real nice price and need some help. I need to do a trigger job on it in the worst way. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any other advice I should heed with this weapon? I was just feeling nostalgic for those side mount scopes when this showed up.

gnoahhh
09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Not much you can do with those triggers. Remember, the trigger/sear also acts as the bolt stop/release- not a happy circumstance for a fine tuned trigger. That's my experience from fooling with a couple of them, and part of the reason I don't have one anymore. Others experiences may vary!

x101airborne
09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I just opened it up and saw that. I put it back together with just a little oil. I see myself changing the angle on that quite easily and making the weapon useless. Now, I could see where a two stage setup would work really well on this thing. All the safety of long creep with a second stage "letoff" honed to a fine polish and contact.

HORNET
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Buckshot did a write-up a few years ago on trigger work on the 340 Savage. I think he actually referred to it as how not to fix the trigger (in consideration of possible attack lawyers). You might do a search or PM him.