PDA

View Full Version : Cmp

Scrounger
05-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm in the process of buying some ammo from CMP. Some of you may not know that this is a quasi-government agency, used to be called DCM (Director of Civilian Marksmanship). For a complete list of what they sell, here's their website: http://www.odcmp.com/ . Most of us here have bought Garands from them but there's always someone new who does not yet have the information so for their benefit I will go over their rules for buying from them.
1. Must be U.S. citizen, send copy of passport or birth certificate.
2. Must be member of CMP affiliated club or state association; NRA membership does not qualify you. Send copy of membership card.

An additional requirement to buy a firearm is that you must show proof of participation in a shooting competition. This requirement is waived if you are over 60 years of age or disabled. There are some other conditions but you can get all those details from the site yourself. You can buy up to FIVE Garands a year if you want, but they ain't giving them away so one is all I want.

corvette8n
05-26-2007, 07:25 PM
No Garands they ran out
Inland M1 carbine sales ended on May 18th.
some ammo for sale, but the latest 30.06 doesn't have enbloc clips.
I shot my quailifier on 5/12. just for fun as I already have my:
Garand from CMP
1903 Springfield from CMP
Mossberg 44US from CMP ( I glad I got it when they were $75.00 )
M1 Carbine Inland- from Val Forget
I hope to get an IBM carbine when they go on sale in Sept.
and an Eddystone M1917 is they ever get any again

Scrounger
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I didn't check because I wasn't looking for one but a member here bought one just a few weeks ago, and they are stillshowing the Greek ammo in clips.

Scrounger
05-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I just checked and they are out of Garands.

OBXPilgrim
05-27-2007, 08:08 AM
corvette8n - what? - no M1D? How'd you miss out on that?

Scrounger
05-27-2007, 10:14 AM
corvette8n - what? - no M1D? How'd you miss out on that?

Bought one last week at local gun shop. $650

corvette8n
05-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah I also left off my list of future purchases:
Krag
Trapdoor Springfield

OBXPilgrim
05-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Scrounger, I saw that rifle you got on another post - that's a heck of a deal.

I'd start looking for the mount and a Lyman Alaskan scope to put on that thing.

Scrounger
05-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Oddly enough there was a mount and a scope (different ads) on Ebay the other day for a lot less than you would think because they were in terrible condition. I think I'll leave it like it is. I'm not a collector, technology has moved so far forward from that mount and scope, even in perdect condition, that I would never be satisfied using them.

garandsrus
05-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Here's a M1D in pretty good condition.... The wrapper was slit by the Army for inventory. All the accessories are in the original wrapper also :)

The guy that bought it got the whole package, including scope, mount, cheek piece, etc from the CMP for about $950 if I remember correctly. He kept it as a collectible. I would be tempted to shoot it!

http://photos.gunloads.com/images/garandsrus/m1d.jpg

John

jonk
05-29-2007, 11:30 AM
They say they will have both more Garands and more carbines in the fall.