PDA

View Full Version : Blood lead level

DLCTEX
09-24-2012, 07:23 PM
I had to have some blood work done last week due to negative effects of yet another Staten drug (I'm done with them), so I had my lead level checked. Dr. said it was 1, with 0-19 as acceptable. I smelt in a room with a ventilator fan in bad weather, but usually outside. All casting is done inside, usually with an exhaust fan, not always. Wash before eating or drinking (I don't smoke). So I am saying I am only moderately cautious and am doing fine. Take that you wacko liberals that quake and go berserk at the mere mention of lead!

geargnasher
09-24-2012, 07:49 PM
You tell 'em, Dale! Glad you got a clean bill on the lead count, and also good to hear you're off that other junk, let's hope for good.

Gear

Harter66
09-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Had mine done this year. Doc told me I was at 13 on a safe scale of 1-9 . I work in a place where I have daily contact w/40+ yo oxidizing lead paint and everything is galvanized of the same vintage.

As a personal note due to some home issues and things I went through 6 months that I just really didn't care if I woke up in the morning so I was excessively lax on my hygiene habits regarding casting, loading and shooting. I'm back under 10 now w/ no real changes except a new can of Fast Orange on the slop sink.

Rick N Bama
09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I had to have some blood work done last week due to negative effects of yet another Staten drug (I'm done with them), so I had my lead level checked.

I'm with you on the Statins! I was on Zocor which was doing a great job, but I was in pain just about 24/7. I now take Prevalite which is a powder & a pain to take, but it's doing the job without the Statins pain.

BTW, I grew up in a house painted with lead paint, I've painted with lead paint & spent a career working around lead cable.....2 years ago I tested at a 7.

Rick

Harter66
09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Rick,
I work in ordinance. Its all oxidized OD green loaded in the 50s,60s,early 70s.
Its on me all the time 7-12 hr a day 4 days a week in the work place.

I've cut casting/melts to once a month. The new house has a positive pressure loading room where the casting bench is to be set up. My big melts can be held to a couple of marathon weekends now as my sources have settled down and I'm a ton or so ahead.

MtGun44
09-25-2012, 03:13 PM
OSHA says that a lead worker is OK up to 40, no changes needed in the job environment.

Many docs mistakenly apply the children's 0-10 level to adults, which is inappropriate.

You are doing extremely well.

Bill