PDA

View Full Version : Georgia range gets liquor liscence

btroj
09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Just saw a report that a private indoor range in Georgia has been granted a liquor liscence by the city.

Am I the only one that sees this as a bad choice? I just don't think alcohol and guns mix well.

Hickory
09-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I'll bet there will be LEO's just waiting to see you home too.
You get a big fine for DUI and loose you gun too. Yea, good idea.

Jim
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Just saw a report that a private indoor range in Georgia has been granted a liquor liscence by the city.
Am I the only one that sees this as a bad choice? I just don't think alcohol and guns mix well.

For consumption on the premesis or sale of container spirits? Not that it matters, just curious. Neither one makes any sense.

Goatwhiskers
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I for one will never be seen there. Got absolutely nothing against an evening "toddy", have a few myself, but liquor and gunpowder do not mix. I've had people come into my shop with a closed gun and reeking of beer, I tell them to come back with an open gun and stone cold sober, the fact that they seldom return bothers me not at all. GW

SMCCORD
09-24-2012, 08:57 AM
We have always done things a "little" differently down here, but this has got to be Darwin at its finest.

bob208
09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
one time i went to a b-p match in md. they had beer in the soda machines every third relay they called a beer break. and then they wondered why us 4 guys from pa. cleaned their clocks. we only went their 2 times never again.
there was a club in pa. that was little better then a drinking club. they even called out the beer truck to stock the wall cooler on a sunday. one member said if they stopped the drinking they would lose half their members.

Ben
09-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Matches and gunpowder.............

Whiskey and guns.................

Neither mix.

gbrown
09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I can't imagine anyone in their right mind thinking this is a good idea. Handling firearms requires common sense and a clear mind. At our lease, when the beer comes out, the firearms are put up. No handling of them, period. I see people drinking during the day at the lease, and I make sure I'm well away from them. At a range? A good script for disaster.

Junior1942
09-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Surely the bar opens only after the range closes????

parrott1969
09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
I swear officer, he had a bulls eye on his head! GEEZE! Man, if your Indain, you better stay away from that range.

M-Tecs
09-24-2012, 10:38 AM
At the National Matches in Switzerland the beer gardens open a couple of hours before the matches. They run a couple of hundred thousand shooter through without a problem.

At least half of the trap clubs that I know of sell beer on site. That probably 70 clubs. Again no problems.

In moderation and after the guns are put away what’s the issue?

45-70.gov
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM
saves on labor cost for the ATF

one stop complience inspections

what is it called......''BEER AND BULLETS''

Shooter
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
At the National Matches in Switzerland the beer gardens open a couple of hours before the matches. They run a couple of hundred thousand shooter through without a problem.

At least half of the trap clubs that I know of sell beer on site. That probably 70 clubs. Again no problems.

+1. Have we all lost the ability to control ourselves?
Does a drink after a shoot mean we all end up in a drunken brawl, or DUI?
Gentlemen behave like gentlemen.

2wheelDuke
09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
My local club sees a fair deal of beer consumed on the property. I swear some of the members only come to shoot off their mouths and shoot pool. No alcohol is sold there, it's all BYOB but everyone is sensible about it. The guns are stowed before the beers come out, and I don't see anyone that shouldn't get behind the wheel to head home.

I don't mind cracking a beer and BSing with the guys after I shoot at all.

jcwit
09-24-2012, 11:21 AM
A club I belong to has a bar and serves beer & wine. I solve the problem 2 ways, 1. I don't drink, 2. I leave before the bar opens in the evening. Gets me off the range before anything happenes, and off the road before the rest head for home.

snuffy
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
If the club is NRA affiliated, there has to be a rule that says something like "you drink, you do NOT shoot". I can't quote chapter and verse, but it's in the NRA requirements to be a NRA certified range/club.

My private gun club has to abide by that rule to stay affiliated with the NRA. If you come to shoot don't hoist a beer first. If you do, you will be asked to come again another day. There's simply a fridge with various brands of beer in them. Along with soda. If you want a mixed drink, you can bring your own.

We have our share of members who haven't shot on the ranges for many years. Seldom are seen with a gun. But, they're there every weekend and every wed night. One even keeps a tight schedule. He's there promptly at 1:00 pm, leaves at exactly 2:30. The only thing he shoots is his mouth.

gwpercle
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
That just don't make no sense. Common sense would tell you..... never mind , what's common sense got to do with anything anymore.

gary

GREENCOUNTYPETE
09-24-2012, 03:53 PM
there is hardly a private range in Wisconsin with a club house that doesn't have a bar

drinking was a way of life , but most clubs do ask that you don't drink till your done shooting

often the bar is as much for the meetings as for , fund raisers and dinners

it is quite common to shoot trap league and have a beer in the club house after , many clubs have fish fries , some even open to the pubic (to eat not shoot) on Friday nights and have a house cook and that and the bar supports the range

i was at a range in central Wisconsin with a bar a week ago , it had an indoor archery range they use the archery range as a meeting hall , they also had leagues several nights of the week there is a sign that no drinking till your done shooting.

not sure i ever saw an archery club or gun club in Wisconsin that had a club house without a bar

maybe it is just the Wisconsin way of life beer is very accepted , many a church with a bar in the basement and a Friday night fish fry run by the members

our church has theology on tap , where the pastor meets up with whoever wants to come and have a theology talk over a beer at the local pub once a month

my dad was just telling me about the place he is getting his hair cut now , they have a bar next door and Tuesday nights you can get a beer with your hair cut , the waitress comes over and takes your order then brings back your beer while you wait for your hair cut they have a back door that connects the 2 businesses

actually that bar under previous management used to have an archery range in the back , but they remodeled it as a banquet hall a recently

people don't get fall down drunk every time they drink, most just have a beer or two with a meal , most everyone here been drinking since they were kids anyway

wallenba
09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I do believe one of our local ones does too. Western Wayne County Conservation Club, has a bar. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was only there once as a guest, and not at the bar.

koehn,jim
09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
As others have said as long as its done right whats the problem. Those of the you that have ranges at home do you not have booze at home. There are thousands of resposible shooters and drinkers in this country, that this would pose no problem. the idea of drinking and than shooting can be controlled. There are several private ranges where I shoot and they serve beer or drinks as long as you are done for the day. In the last 25 years that I know of there have been no incidents, it is policed by the members.

popper
09-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Anything for revenue. Our town considered putting a drive-thru beer barn next to a HS & football stadium. Here I think it is a trip to the pokey for possession of firearm and booze in public.

Ben
09-24-2012, 04:38 PM
If a person has access to and consumption of alcohol prior to stepping onto the range, this idea is a very poor one.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
09-24-2012, 05:27 PM
If a person has access to and consumption of alcohol prior to stepping onto the range, this idea is a very poor one.

If a person is going to break the CLUB rule of "Drink when your done shooting" , they they were just as likely to have a beer in the car on the way to the range.

access is a lousy argument , dry counties have more drinking half the time compared to the best stocked wet county , if you make it Taboo people will spend more energy running beer than they would it they could just get a case at the grocery when they picked up dinner then go home and safely drink it on their porch.

prohibition caused more crime than all the booze ever drunken in the US prior to banning beer.

Wayne Smith
09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
In Georgia the City handles liquor licenses? Where I come from the State does that. The only question I have. No drinking at the range I attend, private place, but the State would never allow such a thing, I hope!

NSP64
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Range I belong to has a bar for beer sales, big screen T.V., Kitchen area.
Club house opens at 12pm, closes at 5pm.
No drinking prior to or during shooting.
I had a chance to shoot at some German ranges(Military and civilian) while there with the Army. Beer is a way of life there.
They drank before, during and after shooting.

10-x
09-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Where is it? :shock:Think I'll stay away. Many shooters have a drink, once they are home, firearms cleaned and back in the safe, kick off your shoes, no problem. Booze and firearms do not mix at a club, JMHO.

Ben
09-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Where is it? :shock:Think I'll stay away. Many shooters have a drink, once they are home, firearms cleaned and back in the safe, kick off your shoes, no problem. Booze and firearms do not mix at a club, JMHO.

I could not agree more.

Ben

km101
09-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I can see it now: "Ya'll hold my beer, and watch this!" Disaster waiting to happen. Glad it's not in my area!!!

DIRT Farmer
09-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I have been through the drinking on the range wars. As a RO, any odor of ETOH on the breath, off the range area. I do not carry a breath-o-meter any more and keep it simple. I don't know how much, don't care. What does scare me is script medications. I can't see them, and some people run high intoxilation levals, as proved back when I was LE by the dribble in the cup test.

bobthenailer
09-25-2012, 08:36 AM
I belong to a sportsmans bar & grill type club open from 12pm to 2 am 7 days a week , they have over 700 members and theres a wating list to join , all they really do is shoot some trap , the 2rifle/pistol ranges in general are just ok at best. but perfect for the person who only comes to sight in there gun for hunting season once a year . the club has alot of acrecage and has a few gas wells on the property. the club house , parking lot & picnic faclities are in great shape and referbed regulary . the club has almost $160,000 in a savings account not counting checking account , im sure the money will not be spent on fixing up the ranges the other 2 clubs are making it with a little room to spare .
This was the first club i belonged to , i currently belong to 2 others clubs where theres no booze alowed , they are clubs for people intrested in shooting guns, thats where i do my shooting at least 2 times a week and only go to the B&G club a few times a year .

FISH4BUGS
09-25-2012, 08:36 AM
I have been at the range and had a group come down and sign in. They smell like reefer....light up before getting out of the car. Go shooting....great fun, no? The smell DOES stay around for a while on your breath.
Now I am no prude, and as a college student in the later 60's and as a professional musician on the road with a band for 2 years in the early 70's, I can assure you that I have done more than my share of those kinds of things (the statute of limitations has long run out, thank you).
If that happens, I will either pack up and go home, or take an extended break while these people are shooting. Booze, dope, etc. has no place anywhere firearms are used. Period. End of discussion.
I have been shot once (shot myself with an unloaded gun - I KNEW it was unloaded!) and I don't want to have it happen again. It hurts too much and I was lucky to not have died.
Even if this range waits until everyone is done for the day, I do not believe it is a good idea. There will be someone that will abuse it, no doubt.
I guess we all have to suffer because of the idiotic actions of a few. However, safety is the utmost top priority at the range or when handling firearms. We all know that.

captaint
09-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Let's see - anybody got a really BAD idea ?? Oh, I know....... you have to be kidding. enjoy Mike

KCSO
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
No one will be allowed on the range after drinking.
So lets see, the local golf course has a bar, the Counnty Faiir has a bar, they have a street dance and bar at the carnival... where isn't there alcohol served any more? Just one more step in the wrong direction.

Wis. Tom
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I feel it is just one more thing that could go wrong, as policing people shooting at the range is already hard enough. We were just at the public outdoor range the other day and watched two hearty souls from Illinois, tipping a few while shooting. Quite innocent at first, until the .338 Lapua they were shooting, jammed. I watched in amazement, as they unscrewed their antenna on their SUV, shoved it down the barrel, and started to bang a $2500 gun on the cement, with a live round stuck in it. We were up at the pistol range, watching from afar, but that was enough for me, as there is no attendant at this range, and I decided, after watching them, that they were better off left alone, than me confronting them. Rules are great, if followed, but that is not always human nature.

Jim
09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I feel it is just one more thing that could go wrong, as policing people shooting at the range is already hard enough. We were just at the public outdoor range the other day and watched two hearty souls from Illinois, tipping a few while shooting. Quite innocent at first, until the .338 Lapua they were shooting, jammed. I watched in amazement, as they unscrewed their antenna on their SUV, shoved it down the barrel, and started to bang a $2500 gun on the cement, with a live round stuck in it. We were up at the pistol range, watching from afar, but that was enough for me, as there is no attendant at this range, and I decided, after watching them, that they were better off left alone, than me confronting them. Rules are great, if followed, but that is not always human nature.

:holysheep :groner:

ole 5 hole group
09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
If you’re past the age of 65 I’m fairly certain you can still kill a whitetail or black bear with a 25-20 or a 30-30 and you can still enjoy a beer while reloading, target shooting or in the field hunting without getting drunk or foolhardy – now I’m not at all sure youngsters in today’s nanny world can do it, so for them, it’s probably best to stay away from any establishment that serves alcohol and will experience a couple of guys settling an argument with their fists or heaven forbid being around a firearm and any form of alcohol.

As for me, I’m over the age of 65 and I’m not politically correct. I don’t see the problem with that Georgia Gun Club. There normally is at least one (1) butt wipe in every club and if they have one or two down there – then those people should be excused for cause, if that come to be, from the club and allow the rest to enjoy what they have – to say a couple will ruin it for everyone is just wrong, unless we no longer have majority rule.

When I was stationed in Texas back in the 70’s they measured a trip’s length by the sixpack and I was okay with that too. It was a sight to see 3 Texans in a pickup with their Sunday cowboy hats on drinking a beer going 80mph – they were a hardy bunch for certain, took no BS and used good common sense around alcohol until right before closing time.:redneck:

popper
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
It was a sight to see 3 Texans in a pickup with their Sunday cowboy hats on drinking a beer going 80mph And a rifle slung in the back window, loaded of course. When the Yorkies moved in they changed the law cause too many windows succommed to smash and grab. Open container was cancelled when some pol's kid got drunk and killed self. I truly wish those with the 'I Love --someplace else--' bumper stickers would go back.

Nocturnal Stumblebutt
09-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Im curious if they have a restaurant too. A local skeet and trap club has a restaurant, and when the range closes the bar in the restaurant opens and they have live music in the evenings.

M-Tecs
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
If you’re past the age of 65 I’m fairly certain you can still kill a whitetail or black bear with a 25-20 or a 30-30 and you can still enjoy a beer while reloading, target shooting or in the field hunting without getting drunk or foolhardy – now I’m not at all sure youngsters in today’s nanny world can do it, so for them, it’s probably best to stay away from any establishment that serves alcohol and will experience a couple of guys settling an argument with their fists or heaven forbid being around a firearm and any form of alcohol.

As for me, I’m over the age of 65 and I’m not politically correct. I don’t see the problem with that Georgia Gun Club. There normally is at least one (1) butt wipe in every club and if they have one or two down there – then those people should be excused for cause, if that come to be, from the club and allow the rest to enjoy what they have – to say a couple will ruin it for everyone is just wrong, unless we no longer have majority rule.

When I was stationed in Texas back in the 70’s they measured a trip’s length by the sixpack and I was okay with that too. It was a sight to see 3 Texans in a pickup with their Sunday cowboy hats on drinking a beer going 80mph – they were a hardy bunch for certain, took no BS and used good common sense around alcohol until right before closing time.:redneck:

Well stated Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It truly saddens me to see how little personal responsibility plays in our lives anymore. Normally I don’t agree that the Europeans have a better approach to anything but in this case the German’s definitely do. Drinking is involved with all activities but so is a very heavy dose of personal responsibility. Responsible people act a responsible manner. Bad behavior is not tolerated. We are far to tolerant for bad behavior whether its sober or inebriated. :drinks:

JIMinPHX
09-26-2012, 07:10 PM
There used to be a place in NJ (of all places) called the Mountain Rest Inn & Shooting Range. I think that it was in West Milford, not too far from Big John's. That was the only place that I have ever seen a sign that read "Shooters Check In At The Bar". It was run by an old guy named Bob & his dogs & maybe a daughter or two. I'm not sure about the last part. Bob was a retired insurance guy, so maybe he had some pull when it came to getting a place like that insured.

I'm not joking about this. The place really does exist. If you go there, ask for a glass of Mom's Apple Pie. It will sit you down pretty good.

ElDorado
09-26-2012, 08:16 PM
That reminds me of a combination liquor and gun store in the San Diego area, Hiram’s Guns and Spirits, or something like that. A sign there proudly proclaimed “Hiram’s has never been robbed”.

1Shirt
09-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Goofy!
1Shirt!

DCM
09-26-2012, 08:52 PM

For personal safety probably best to stay away, for everyone elses' safety call LE when they are leaving the range.

Yeah I feel the flames already. But be honest with yourselves they have been drinking and have a loaded gun(s).

R.M.
09-26-2012, 10:05 PM
How do you know they're loaded?

DCM
09-26-2012, 10:23 PM
How do you know they're loaded?

and started to bang a $2500 gun on the cement, with a live round stuck in it. We were up at the pistol range, watching from afar, but that was enough for me, as there is no attendant at this range, and I decided, after watching them, that they were better off left alone, than me confronting them. Rules are great, if followed, but that is not always human nature.

That's how.

kmag
09-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Have been a member of 8 ranges in 4 states over the years. At all of them if you were drinking any type of alcohol you were expelled from the range and your membership was terminated. I would not belong to a club that allowed it. Alcohol, firearms and gunpowder do not go together.

Plinkster
09-27-2012, 02:38 AM
I feel that personal freedoms should always outweigh the need to protect an idiot. That includes the freedom to not attend this range if spirits on site make you uncomfortable.

R.M.
09-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I feel that personal freedoms should always outweigh the need to protect an idiot. That includes the freedom to not attend this range if spirits on site make you uncomfortable.

Here, here. :2_high5:

JIMinPHX
09-30-2012, 08:18 AM
That reminds me of a combination liquor and gun store in the San Diego area, Hiram’s Guns and Spirits, or something like that. A sign there proudly proclaimed “Hiram’s has never been robbed”.

When I was driving from Nashville, up to Simpson County Kentucky a few months ago, there was a place called Sad Sam's Fireworks on the side of the highway. Right next to it was a gas station with a name that was something like Nervous Norman's. or Scarred Frank's or something like that. I could see why the owner of a gas station might be a little nervous or scarred if he was right next to a place selling fireworks. I guess that the zoning laws in that area must be a bit scant.

Smitty's Retired
09-30-2012, 06:05 PM
I understand everyone's opinion here, and I agree things could be handled responsibly. But here is my thought on the matter. I do not agree with this clubs decision.

With the political climate as it is, with all the anti-gun groups backed by the anti-gun Libertards that are in Washington, and with the news media circling like buzzards, you know all it would take would be one incident, even if it was with a club member being stopped and arrested for DUI, for them to paint another unattractive incident to slander gun ownership.

I am surprised that it hasn't been picked up already and posted on the national media. I could see the headlines now "Southern Gun Club Serves Alcoholic Beverages at Shooting Range!!!"

I just believe that responsible ownership covers more than just within your home and right to carry. I think if you value your 2nd Amendment, and want to do all you can do to fight the anti-gun bunch, then we don't need to do anything to give them anymore ammo to use against us.

Just my .02 cents worth that is not worth a cent.

btroj
09-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Guns and liquor don't go together, ever.

It isn't about rights, it is about responsibilty. I Don't think fun clubs should allow alcohol on club property. It just sends the wrong message.

Many ears ago I shot muzzleloaders a fair bit. Saw way too many people visibly drunk shooting on the line. Nobody wanted to say anything. I do not miss those days at all.

I don't drink when loading or casting either. My mind needs to be clear and focused on the task at hand.

DCM
09-30-2012, 10:40 PM
With the political climate as it is, with all the anti-gun groups backed by the anti-gun Libertards that are in Washington, and with the news media circling like buzzards, you know all it would take would be one incident, even if it was with a club member being stopped and arrested for DUI, for them to paint another unattractive incident to slander gun ownership.

Here are some other possible headlines:
Intoxicated man with loaded sniper rifle commits vehicular homicide!

Intoxicated man kills child when he shoots over impact area at local range with 338 sniper rifle!

We could do this all day.

All it takes is one idiot http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/92773189.html to screw it up for everyone!
That range had problems with the neighbors before now they are going to have a problem paying property taxes and selling the land after lead abatement. :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Echo
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM

+1. One of my favorite gun clubs (back when I was shooting competitively) had beer in the cooler. It was seldom (if ever) opened until shooting was finished. Great bunch of folks, too.

And I was a 'wet' shooter in my early days. Breakfast was a can of peaches and a glass of juice - and a can of beer. Another can mid-morning, and maybe a can at lunch. Kept the clanks down - the little man in my head who would occasionally bang on a gong, was otherwise occupied. With experience I found that I didn't need the beer, and stopped the practice.

At one match, I was having a problem with my stomach. The hamburger I had for lunch was disputing me. I mentioned it to some friends, and one (Jim Clark) said 'Ed, go look in my trunk over there. There's some Peppermint Schnaps in there. Take a good glug of that. It's the only thing that will tighten your groups, settle your stomach, and make your breath smell purty, all at the same time.'. I did, and it did.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
When I was driving from Nashville, up to Simpson County Kentucky a few months ago, there was a place called Sad Sam's Fireworks on the side of the highway. Right next to it was a gas station with a name that was something like Nervous Norman's. or Scarred Frank's or something like that. I could see why the owner of a gas station might be a little nervous or scarred if he was right next to a place selling fireworks. I guess that the zoning laws in that area must be a bit scant.

you mean all your gas stations don't sell fire works ?

ok, not all here do either but there sure are a bunch , one stop shopping , get your fishing licenses ,bait, beer , gas and fireworks on the way up to the lake for the weekend

we have one that is a liqueur store, bait shop , boat dealer and gun shop in one , several that are gas and convenience stores with beer , bait and a gun shop.

another that is guns and hunting with saddles ,tack , hats and western ware and that is attached to the hardware store so you can get camping supplies , a grill and a new lawn mower also along with nuts and bolts

greg gremlin
10-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Phoenix zoo started to sell beer. They had a drunk decide to "play" with the tiger as it was cute. Keepers heard the screams and got him out alive but chewed up. The next zoo drunk decided to ride the rhino with similar results. I was invited to a local trap club but when they talked about the beer available, I opted out. My opinion, keep guns and booze seperate. greg

bigboredad
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
all the guys that agree that guns and booze don't go together are not the one that I would worry about. The one I worry about are the ones that oh I can handle it and they are the same ones sweeping the range with a muzzle and a finger on the trigger. I personally would like to think if you are responsible enough to own a gun a gun and or a ccw why shouldn't we believe they are responsible enough to know when to put the gun down and pick up the beer. personally I don't like being told what to do and where and when I can do it and I thank my grandpa for fighting my freedom to choose what when and where I chose to do it. I also really enjoy a ice cold silver bullet on a real hot summer day after sending a lead bullet to their final resting place. It seems like it would be much safer to do at the club/range as opposed to on the drive home

Jammer Six
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I know that my opinion in this matter isn't popular, but here it is. I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. I hate excuses.

If you can't be trusted to know when you can drink, you're too young to be trusted with a weapon. Age has nothing to do with it.

The folks for whom drinking is a problem will drink regardless of whether there's a bar in the range.

And finally, I note that a true Libertarian's point of view would eliminate DUIs unless there was an accident.

I assume that everyone who is chanting "guns and alcohol don't go together" are, in keeping with good manners, speaking for themselves.

Down South
10-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I do a lot of sporting clay events. Most if not all the events that I have been to serve beer, wine and the hard stuff.
But every event that I have been to has had strict rules. No drinking before or while shooting. You get and wear an arm band when you arrive. The arm band allows you to shoot. The band is made of some type of material that the only way to get it off is to tear it off or cut it off. While the arm band is on, you are not allowed to drink. Once it is off you are allowed to drink but not shoot.
I'm sure there are a few that get around the rules but that goes for any club. Anyone could tank up before they got there.

JIMinPHX
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
On the general subject of things that don't go together, New Hampshire lends a pretty strange example, or at least they used to. The last time that I was up that way, the only place to buy liquor was at the state owned stores. The only one that I saw was at the rest area on the Interstate...but don't drink & drive....

bigboredad
10-02-2012, 07:45 PM
On the general subject of things that don't go together, New Hampshire lends a pretty strange example, or at least they used to. The last time that I was up that way, the only place to buy liquor was at the state owned stores. The only one that I saw was at the rest area on the Interstate...but don't drink & drive....

now that's just funny

DCM
10-02-2012, 10:14 PM
More to read, IF you are willing???

http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/daily_updates/article_e6d00276-a1bf-11e0-af71-001cc4c03286.html

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/16446/WI/US/RSS/

FISH4BUGS
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Come on down! Our State Liquor Stores produce something like half of the revenue for the State. We have no sales or income tax, and we make our money of booze and butts.
Drinking and driving is really frowned upon, as it should be. Buy your booze here, take it home and get loaded if you wish. But DON'T drink and drive.
Same principle with the gun club selling booze. Booze and guns don't mix. Period. I would suggest that MAYBE it makes sense AFTER you finish shooting, but then the range is subject to dram shop laws (at least here in New Hampshire).
That means if you over serve an individual, then you are civily (and sometimes criminally) responsible if he crashes his car.
I would think it just isn't worth it. Period.