PDA

View Full Version : Calling Bad *** Wallace,

drcook
09-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey there B.A.W.

a fellow DownUnderer / new BP shooter is asking for some help on learning to load for a BPCR , the folks on the Shiloh board are trying, but 1st hand experience in one's own environment sure helps.

http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/vi...214837#p214837

Best
Dave.

also I sent you an email while back. did you by chance get it ?

montana_charlie
09-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I had a similar inclination, Dave.
But, I've been thinking that it might be a better idea to invite a 'downunder' Pedersoli owner to this site, rather than send one into the Shiloh chipper/shredder.

CM

Red River Rick
09-23-2012, 02:05 PM
I had a similar inclination, Dave.
But, I've been thinking that it might be a better idea to invite a 'downunder' Pedersoli owner to this site, rather than send one into the Shiloh chipper/shredder.

CM

Chuck:

Um, Err...............that would be putting it mildly!

RRR

drcook
09-23-2012, 04:14 PM
B.A.W. has an ID over on Shiloh and very occassionally posts there. He could PM that guy. But yes, it has been a bit "edgy" over there the last few months.

montana_charlie
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
That could work.
I just left a post in that thread to help him find 'B.A.W.' and send him a PM.

(Isn't it silly that our forum filter won't allow the use of a member's registered username?)

CM

waksupi
09-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Find his member name here, and go to his profile. Many have a link to email them directly.

Wal'
09-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Try him here :grin: :)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=165824

Bad Ass Wallace
09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Sorry lads been away in the big city for a bit trying to prepare a house for sale. Current email is on my profile, or happy to answer as best I can in a thread[smilie=s:

What's your problems?

drcook
09-25-2012, 09:13 AM
We have a new shooter that showed up on the Shiloh board. We are trying to direct him to get in touch with you. He lives there in Australia. We will C.M. / myself, will try and get him to join over here.

We thought that your expertise in your environment would help him out.

montana_charlie
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry lads been away in the big city for a bit trying to prepare a house for sale. Current email is on my profile, or happy to answer as best I can in a thread[smilie=s:

What's your problems?
The Aussie in question goes by the username of Downunder, and he has a thread going on the Shiloh forum.
http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19795

I suspect he has quit reading it as he hasn't posted lately, but you might get a PM to him to establish contact.
Up to you ...

CM

Downunder
09-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Good day Guys
No I was reading it but have been away hunting pigs and goats. Thanks for all your help and have now down loaded some loading info. May father shots this 40/90 for years and I was not that much into BP. He has take some great game with it over the years, But he now has early on set of Old Timers as Mum calls it. He has become some what forgetful. I have found his notes on loads but have never reloaded BP myself. I have also ordered some reloading books on BP and have worked out Dad was reloading by hand one case at a time. I was looking to do it a little faster is all.
I will say he is most happy when we talk about his 40/90 and hunting.
Downunder

Greg
09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Downunder-

welcome

and God Bless your Dad

Downunder
09-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks Greg,
He is about 80% with us sometimes. Than he heads off up the hill hunting I like to think as he sits thinking within himself. Two of the greatest gifts he gave me was showing me how to fish and hunt. The greats gift was giveing my family him himself, he was never to busy not to stop and talk or show us all he was there for you.
Anyway I have been lucky and found a guy local who also has a 40/90 C Sharps who hunts!!! I found him in the local hunting club and he will be up next week to run over a few things with me. He knows Dad and was most upset to find out about Dad they hunted together 20 yeras ago . The world is a small place! It has been great to get so much help from everyone and for them to give their time and help a new guy out.
Downunder.