PDA

View Full Version : Jpw ms alox

foxtrapper
09-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Finally found the jpw at home depot in the cleaning section! Again thanks to all! I went online and found a video that uses the 45/45/10 with out cooking the jpw. I wanted to do the cook off of the solvents but my only heat source was a open flame. So after finding the video I gave it a try(heatless) and it looks like it worked. Shiny ,slippery with just a hint of the dark color from the alox. I'm letting them dry for a day and then size and seat the gas checks.

btroj
09-22-2012, 05:28 PM
You can also leave the can open for a week or so and the solvents will evaporate off.

A bit of gentle heat does help with the mixing thou. Use a cheap hot plate and all is good.

foxtrapper
09-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Will the solvents effect the lube capabilities? I will leave the lid off thanks! I tried it straight up today and it looks like it worked. Best part was instead of at least a day for the straight alox to dry , the 45/45/10 dried in a couple of hours! I mean dry no tackiness at all!

runfiverun
09-22-2012, 05:52 PM
not really but they will make the lube take forever to dry.
the addition of the m/s really helps the lube dry quicker.
cooking out the solvents speeds it up even better.
i do two heavy coats and in front of a fan the boolits are completly dry in a couple of hours.
even at 50-60-f temps.

Recluse
09-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I went online and found a video that uses the 45/45/10 with out cooking the jpw.

Somebody sent me the link to that guy's video a while back and I told Ken (45nut) that he ought to sue the guy for blatant copyright violation. We have the option of having his video pulled from YouTube. All I'd have to do is file a complaint with them over copyright and intellectual property rights based upon my original post in this forum about tumble-lubing.

It irks the hell out of me when clowns come here, read, ask a few questions, then take their newly found "expertise" elsewhere and present as "their own." We had a "member" do almost an entire book that way. He's been banned from here, and good riddance.

The guy who did the video actually came on here a while back raising hell about some comments I and a few others made when he started birthing out his videos. About all I'll say is that the guy oughta start wearing wife-beater shirts and propose to his bullets--such is that he beats the hell out of them during the lubing and tumbling process.

To each their own, I reckon, and if gets the results he likes. . . .

:coffee:

btroj
09-23-2012, 08:19 AM
I had used YouTube very little for firearms knowledge and none at all for casting or lubing knowledge.
I tend to find that the people who are really in the know don't spend time making videos, they are busy casting, loading, or shooting.

foxtrapper
09-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Without cooking the wax, I lubed, sized and seated gas checks then lubed again. I let them dry over night . They are not tacky and hopefully will shoot as well as when I use with straight alox. Thanks to all!

runfiverun
09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
they'll shoot just as good.
probably better.
you might see some flaking of the lube coating.