PDA

View Full Version : Lee classic cast breech lock

Blammer
09-21-2012, 09:43 PM
I am looking for a new press and the Lee Classic Cast Breech lock single stage press has my eye at the moment.

One question I cannot find the answer to is.

Will it accept RCBS shell holders?

bruce drake
09-21-2012, 10:11 PM
My question is whether or not a person can make the breech lock inserts be permanently mounted? I don't mind screwing in the dies. I think its a marketing gimmick to have people add breech lock inserts to all their dies. If I did that, I would be investing for nearly 75 different dies!

Bruce

jimkim
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
It accepts standard shellholders.

Blammer
09-21-2012, 10:25 PM
thanks! I'm getting one!

Blammer
09-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Ok, I received my Lee Classic Cast in the mail today. Looked good!

Got it mounted and all set and then realized the wooden knob on the pull handle had split right in half. :( Well, instead of calling Lee I just wood glued it together and put it on the lever. It was obvious that it was broken in shipment as there is a huge gouge where the other part of the press hit it when it was dropped and split it. It was double boxed with insulation between the two boxes, ie it was boxed well.

After figuring out how to assemble it and where all them funny looking parts go and learning the new breech lock thingy, I put my sizer die in it for 308 and wanted to give it a go.

Well It works GREAT! With a modest amount of effort I can FL rezise these military machinegun fired 308 cases.

I like it!

Ram stroke is a bit rough, gritty feeling, I added some motor mica and some other specialty lube and it's really smooth now.

I bet I can really crush something now!

I removed my RCBS press and put the Lee in it's place, now I have to find a place for my RCBS one. I think I'll relegate it to light duty jobs from now on. Priming cases, lee push through sizer duty, etc....

A pause for the COZ
09-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Glad you like it. Mine too was a bit rough at first but has since smoothed out after a few thousand 223 resizing:drinks:

I did not choose the breech lock. just my own preference.

Enjoy!!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/100_8268.jpg

I use mine with a left hand preference. I turret load from the right side.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/100_8269.jpg