PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Ben
09-20-2012, 07:53 AM
I have a prayer request. There's a lady I've known forever. She's very sick. On top of that, she's being abused by those to whom she has given everything..... Lies about her abound, and seem to come from all sides. Just breaks my heart. Seems there's nothing I can do alone but maybe, if we join in and lift her up together, we can heal her. She's well over 230 years old, but way too young to die. Her name is ' America '... And I love her and have always been proud of her. Please take time to say a prayer for her - even if it is a short, simple prayer like, "Lord, please heal our land. Amen." Thanks!- - - Ben

xbeeman412
09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Ben, prayers on the way and willep ker on the prayer list.

Dean D.
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Prayers sent Ben.

TAMU74
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
I pray for her constantly.

firefly1957
09-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I have been praying also I pray we succeed otherwise the Mayans may just as well be right about the worlds end.

crabo
09-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I pray that God will make Obama eat grass like he did Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel chapter 4. Our country needs to get back to the values it was founded on.

fatelk
09-21-2012, 08:04 AM
I think she's more than just sick. She's on life support, and many of her spoiled, ungrateful children (voters) seem to be ready to pull the plug in a couple months. I pray they can come to their senses and she can live a little longer.

Olevern
09-21-2012, 09:56 AM
She has been destroyed by the politicians using OPM (other peoples money) and the word (and concept) "Entitlement" to retain power. Not much left of what she once was and while I don't have much hope, my God can do anything. Unfortunately for us, He has a history of punishing any nation of His who falls away with hundreds of years of slavery to other nations. He is a JUST and merciful God. Unless this nation turns back to Him in a sweeping revival....not much hope.

Romney had it right that the nation is split down the middle between those who provide the entitlements and those who receive them. The 47% will never vote to have their entitlements taken away so he (Romney) was right to say he couldn't worry bout them in the push for the white house; the only thing that would get their attention would be something he cannot provide; promises of even more theft from the producing few to feed their sense of entitlement.

Sorry if I got too far into the politics of the OP's prayer request, mods feel free to remove if the comment is inappropriate in this forum.

Larry Gibson
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM
She's in my prayers....

Larry Gibson

WILCO
09-22-2012, 07:42 AM
She's in my prayers....

Larry Gibson

Same here.

Grandpas50AE
09-22-2012, 08:35 AM
I pray for our country often, and even in the face of frequent disappointment, I keep my faith that people will turn back to God for true wisdom and guidance. I do see signs of it from time to time, but only He knows if this country's people will revive their faith in Him. My faith is not in people, but is in Him, that he may turn them back to the road of salvation.

bearcove
09-22-2012, 09:22 PM
The greatest thing my mother country must fear is the lack of children willing to do the work set before us. I am a welder,I get burnt every day. I weld the Stainless Steel pipe that makes the food products you eat. I weld the pipe that carries the gas that heats your house and cooks your food. I build the coal fired powerhouse that lights your lights. I build the nuclear powered powerhouse that lights your house. I build the chip plant that gives you the chips to make phones your Ipods laptops and computers.I rebuild and build refineries pipelines pump stations and on and on.....I AM A PIPE FITTER/WELDER.

THE WELDER PART ESPECIALLY!

bearcove
09-22-2012, 09:41 PM
My children will be able to fix most things Be able to perform simple tasks in a machine shop Weld anything that is weldable and know which things are weldable brazeable sweatable. Operate all my wood shop equipment. Know basic reloading concepts, which rifles are standard chamberings, which are not. Understand head spacing, which most adults don't. The subtle interaction of all these things with hardness lube and size....

bearcove
09-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah! wake up!

kmag
09-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Have been praying for her a while and will continue to do so.

bearcove
09-22-2012, 09:59 PM
God helps those that help themselves

I believe that.

So get off your a$$ and do something.

crabo
09-22-2012, 11:33 PM
The greatest thing my mother country must fear is the lack of children willing to do the work set before us.

There are a lot of them still willing to do the work, but unfortunately, not as many as there used to be. One of the biggest problems I see is all of the broken homes, where kids don't live with their dads. A lot of kids live in apartments, (no workshops), and their parents don't know how to fix things.

Parents have found it is easier to shove a video game into their kids hands, instead of parenting.

I keep telling my students that if they want to always have a good job, to learn how to fix things.

One of the things that does encourage me, is that I see kids who are willing to talk about their faith, and church, when they feel safe to be themselves.

jmsj
09-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Ben,
I say and have been saying prayers for her for years and will continue. I have been doubling up on prayers for say, the last 4 years.
Let all keep it up.
jmsj

bearcove
09-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Its been a while since I've seen a good apprentice.

PatMarlin
09-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Prayers sent Ben.

Prayers sent also that the current individuals in charge of her be swiftly booted out in November, as so the source of many lies die with them,.