PDA

View Full Version : Great Wife!

Freightman
09-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Took my wife to the range last evening and let her shoot my CZ52 at 25 yds didn't even scare the target. So I put some 44 special in my 44 mag Blackhawk and she not only hit the target she put six in the ten ring. The best part was she was walking down to the target and noticed all the cast boolits lying around so I got her and myself some 3# coffee cans I made bales for and spent 30 minutes picking up cast boolits, we got 35# in that time. Now I know why I have kept her around for 52 years. She has always been a help and never complained about any gun or equipment I have bought.

Reloader06
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
:grin:She's a keeper!

rainy191
09-19-2012, 05:16 PM
i mine the burm at my range for lead. it dosent take long to add up the weight

milrifle
09-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Yep, she's a keeper. Mine too. She likes to help me cast and load. She'll stick on gas checks while I run 'em through the sizer. She'll trickle powder onto my scale too. Definitely a keeper.

I'll Make Mine
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Wow, it's not just every wife who'll trickle your powder for you... :wink:

kbstenberg
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
My better half and I spent most of yesterday (6 hrs) Finishing my deer blind. It rained most of the time. But she said we had driven too far to get there not to finish. Got it weather tight, all I have to do now is put the windows in and paint what isn't.
Both of us were dead tired when we got home.
What else could you want?
Kevin

smokeywolf
09-20-2012, 09:35 PM
As Louis L'Amour would say, "she's one to ride the river with". Hard to find them like that any more.
I also got lucky. Mine has stuck with me through thick & thin.

smokeywolf

Roundnoser
09-20-2012, 11:43 PM
My wife just shoots my guns and leaves me to clean them! But, I can't complain. She gives her approval on just about every gun I want to buy. She's not perfect, but darn close.

btroj
09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
My wife doesn't shoot with me very often but my 18 year old daughter does. She doesn't care to shoot much, she just goes to help gather range scrap.

Our record for one trip was 55 pounds. Is it sad that we actually do weigh it after each trip?

white eagle
09-21-2012, 07:30 AM
she got any sisters ;)

Iron Mike Golf
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
I got a real fine one, too. "I come from good hunting stock" was something she told me when we first met. Nowadays, she's the Pewter Queen of flea markets, thrift stores, and antique malls. Last year, she gathered about 60 lbs for me when she was on the road for her job.

She made me promise to take at least a week's worth of time off for bow and gun whitetail hunting this fall, too.