PDA

View Full Version : Hornady dies Part 2

stubert
05-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I was so disgusted with Hornady last month over the way the .458 Lott dies were ruining the cases . I went and purchased a set of RCBS dies in .458 Lott. I ran a new unfired case into the resizer and WOW they came out the right size, no hourglass shape. I have always used RCBS or LEE. these were the first and LAST Hornady dies I will own.

leftiye
05-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Can't argue a bit with that. I might have the same reaction. Actually, too, this (not to beat that dead and rotting horse) is exactly the point with other threads concerning the Freedom Arms revolters.

Nazgul
05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
I use Hornady dies almost exclusively. They are the best value out there. Their customer service is outstanding.

Been doing this 35 + years.

jh45gun
05-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I had Hornady dies ONCE for 45/70 could not keep decapping pins in the full length sizer. Went to Lee and never looked back. Nazgul you must have the charm with them as if I had a nickel for every complaint about Hornady dies on the net I would be a happy camper.

dubber123
05-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I only have 5 sets of Hornadies, and I love them all, especially the .475 set. When I ordered my 50-70 dies, I got RCBS, because I had never seen a bad set, something I couldn't say about Lyman, I got 2 bad sets of those. Well, I got the RCBS set, and even with the expander removed, they will not size the case enough to hold a bullet. Even .516" bullets can be shoved out of sight with one finger. I guess it's how your luck runs, so go with what works. I got 3 bad Rugers in a row, so it does happen. I'm sure RCBS would have taken care of the problem, but after the back order wait, I just wasn't in the mood.

jh45gun
05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
I only have 5 sets of Hornadies, and I love them all, especially the .475 set. When I ordered my 50-70 dies, I got RCBS, because I had never seen a bad set, something I couldn't say about Lyman, I got 2 bad sets of those. Well, I got the RCBS set, and even with the expander removed, they will not size the case enough to hold a bullet. Even .516" bullets can be shoved out of sight with one finger. I guess it's how your luck runs, so go with what works. I got 3 bad Rugers in a row, so it does happen. I'm sure RCBS would have taken care of the problem, but after the back order wait, I just wasn't in the mood.

Don't even get me started on bad Rugers. Same thing if I had a nickle LOL

danski26
05-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I use hornady for all of my pistol dies and have not had any problem with them. Where is that rotting horse?