PDA

View Full Version : MiHec 432-256 44spl/mag swc's

Forrest r
09-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Did a little casting with a mold I recently bought from a member on this forum.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/forrestr-photo/432-256weight.jpg

The 432-256 mold came with 3 sets of pins (penta, hp & small hp) but no solid point pins. So I put 2 penta point pins in, 1 hp & 1 small hp pin in & started casting. Should be an accurate bullet with the generous driving bands. I plan on using these in 4 different pistols so the different hp’s are a big +, the penta points for the snub nose & the small hp for the contender.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/forrestr-photo/432-256close.jpg

H.Callahan
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
BTW, if you want solids, you can turn the pins upside down and cast with them that way.

Forrest r
09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Thank you for the info, I just don't want to mess up the hp pins by turning them up side down & hitting them on the casting table, casting pot or anything else.

Iron Mike Golf
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Forrest,

Shoot Miha a PM. He might have solid pins on hand. If not, watch for a re-run of the mold as a group buy. You could piggy back for the solid pins, then. If you want them, of course.

W.R.Buchanan
09-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I too would like some solid pins for the same mould. The problem with using that mould with the pins reversed is they hang up on everything and will get easily damaged. Also you can't just sit the mould on a hot plate as the pins hold the mould blocks off the plate.

As an asside. Is that the coolest mould you have ever used?

Mine spit out a perfect boolit the very first time, and everyone I have shown that pentagon shaped hole has been impressed! Hell, I was impressed!

The guy makes good stuff!

Randy

Dale53
09-20-2012, 12:21 AM
"The guy makes good stuff!"

AMEN to THAT!!

Dale53

Forrest r
09-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Ya, luv this mold!!!!

This was my first time casing with it. It really goes thru some lead in a hurry. I'm really not that concerned about any sp pins right now, these bullets will keep me busy for a little while.

Yes Mihec makes some excellent molds. The first one I bought was the hbwc for the 44's. Liked it soooooo much I own 5 different MiHec molds now. I sold off all my other pistol bullet molds to pay for them, these molds are SWEET!!!