PDA

View Full Version : Another non casting or loading question

Sasquatch-1
09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
I am looking at buy a trap thrower. I am looking buying at the Trius 2 Birdshooter. Looking for some input. any info on an under $50.00 machine.

Sorry for placing this here but we really need a sub forum for general shotgun questions.

pirkfan
09-17-2012, 06:54 PM
I have an Outers thrower which I'm sure was under $50 and I also have the Trius One Step. The One Step, while not under $50 (around $100) is a far superior thrower, much sturdier metal in the frame, plus it lets you actually throw targets for yourself. The only complaint I've really seen about the One Step is the assembly instructions are a bit vague.

rtracy2001
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I have two of the older Hoppes 9 throwers, similar to this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/277713/hoppes-clayking-clay-target-thrower

I really like them. I have no idea if the newer models are as sturdy as the older ones I have (got them at a pawn shop for $20 ea), but through the simple expedient of tying a loop in the pull rope and sticking my toe in the loop, I can throw my own fairly well.

Looks like there may be a couple on evil bay FWIW.

P. S. I agree there needs to be general shotgun/wingshooting forum.

Box13
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
I bought a trius,similar to the hoppes 9,for 15.00 off of craigslist.It works best with a friend.trade off loading and shooting and it works pretty good...Robin