PDA

View Full Version : My list

Jim
09-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Driving home yesterday morning, I was listening to Toby Kieth. It was an old CD that I hadn't listened to in a while and I heard a song I had forgotten was on it. The message of the song landed on me like a bale of bricks and made me realize my priorities need to be re-evaluated.

"My list" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDxF5q0V9s)

I apologize for the lead-in ad. It's a You-tube video.

dragonrider
09-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Yup that one has been on my list for quite some time.

WILCO
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
made me realize my priorities need to be re-evaluated.

I've recently come to the conclusion that there is a need for me to re-engage my faith with God. He sent me word that I'm to bend to his will, not the other way around. [smilie=1:

Bloodman14
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I am not a fan of country music, but I will agree that is a great song!

Harter66
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
There's been a lot of that realization going around.

I realized I spent the best part of 40yr living for approval from my parents,raising 4 kids right,trying desperately to save 2 marriages. The kids are grown and have kids of their own 3 outta 4 ain't bad, my folks still think I'm an idiot for taking on the 2 granddaughters but admit that 3 outta 4 ain't bad,and I'm actually kinda liking proving to women that they don't really have a clue what they want or like or don't.

Next yr I start into saving so the grands and I can see the "Victors" arches of Europe,restore the 56 F100 that I came home in, and the 59 Ranchero I drove to school. While this chapter lacks the comfort of the forever relationship,I'm seeing that at least for me it will be a better way of life.

Funny most of us won't get to living cause too often life gets in the way.