PDA

View Full Version : RCBS RS3 Extended Handle

WilliamDahl
09-17-2012, 04:24 AM
I have some .40SW brass that apparently has the "Glock bulge" in it, so I decided to try the solution that I had read about where you use the Lee Factory Crimp Die and push the shell through the disassembled die. I setup my RCBS RS3 for this and it works pretty well, but even with mink oil lube on the brass, a couple of them were noticeably more difficult to get them to go all the way through the die. I figured I just needed a bit more leverage, so since I had a piece of 1" sched-40 PVC handy, I just used it as a "cheater" bar. It worked, but there is too much springiness in the pipe. What I would prefer to be able to do was actually replace the factory handle with an extended one. I do not see anyone selling such a thing on the web, so I figured I would try to make my own.

Does anyone happen to know what the thread is on the factory handle?

r1kk1
09-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I have some .40SW brass that apparently has the "Glock bulge" in it, so I decided to try the solution that I had read about where you use the Lee Factory Crimp Die and push the shell through the disassembled die. I setup my RCBS RS3 for this and it works pretty well, but even with mink oil lube on the brass, a couple of them were noticeably more difficult to get them to go all the way through the die. I figured I just needed a bit more leverage, so since I had a piece of 1" sched-40 PVC handy, I just used it as a "cheater" bar. It worked, but there is too much springiness in the pipe. What I would prefer to be able to do was actually replace the factory handle with an extended one. I do not see anyone selling such a thing on the web, so I figured I would try to make my own.

Does anyone happen to know what the thread is on the factory handle?

I believe 9/16X18 If I remember right. I think the RS5 is the same.

They used 5/8 for RC and ammo master.

Take care

r1kk1