PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Loader season starts tomorrow!

richhodg66
09-17-2012, 12:07 AM
My favorite time of the year. Dioubt I'll get out at all tomorrow, this year is gonna be hectic. I took a bunch of leave last year and hunted almost every day, killed two and could have more, just didn'tw ant to that close together. Great time to be in the woods in Kansas.

gunseller
09-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Have fun. What type of ML do you hunt with? I love hunting with a ML. Only to me it has to be a traditional style or it does not count. Cap guns are OK and I use them when it is damp out. I usually use a flinter. This year I decided to skip deer season for me and help my son hunt youth season. He is 11 this year and kill his first deer last year.
Steve

richhodg66
09-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Congrats to your son. I used a Hawken for many years, killed a lot of deer with it including all the bigger bucks I've killed, and will go back to it eventually. Last year I hunted with an inline (cheap older traditions one) and killed two with it. Gonna use it agaion this year. this one is set up for musket caps and I'm shooting my own cast .44s in it, so I don't feel too bad. I used to really take it seriously what I used and would only use a traditional and a longbow when I bowhunted. Now, I just want to hunt. I haven't bow hunted for a long time and doubt I could bring myself to use a compound though.

We used to hunt the youth season here, but both my boys are too old now. I miss that, it was really better in many respects taking them than hunting myself. Glad Kansas has that opportunity for the youngsters and glad so many take advantage of it.