PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a sw380 sigma

kyle623
09-16-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm getting a sw380 sigma in a trade deal and am wondering if anyone here has or has had any experience with this little pocket pistol.

km101
09-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I briefly had one in 9mm, and did not like it because of the long, heavy trigger pull. JMO

kyle623
09-16-2012, 02:29 PM
yes, my BIL has the 9mm and i dont care for its trigger, the ruger sr's are better. but its not like i'm going to shoot this alot.

kyle623
09-17-2012, 10:42 AM
no one else has had one of these guns?

NoZombies
09-19-2012, 09:57 PM
I had one. I didn't like it. It didn't feed anything but RN ammo, and rarely fed a whole magazine of that without issue. I can't speak to much else. I sold it down the river pretty quick like.

Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear, maybe other folks had good experiences with them. I didn't.

rintinglen
09-20-2012, 01:22 AM
FWIW, in my very limited shooting, the gun performed ok with PMC ball, not at all with Winchester HP's. Not very accurate with either due to a fairly heavy and jerky trigger.

I recommended that the lady who bought it sell it and buy something else.

kyle623
09-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't think the last comment was necessary, but some people just can't help themselves I guess. I asked for input on the pistol. and constructive opinions are welcome. Dumb-*** remarks I don't need.

Olevern
09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
When I was in law enforcement, this was one of the few small semi autos that was on the approved list for off-duty carry (had to be DAO). I ran the qualifications range and saw quite a few of these run thru their paces. While you will not get target accuracy, these are not target pistols. Their accuracy for self defense is more than adequate. Never saw anyone who was a halfway passable shooter have difficulty qualifying with one of these.
BTW, I have a spare mag. lying around here somewhere if you are interested in buying another for your pistol. PM me if interested.

As to the previous post, some ignorant comments are best just left alone (easy to say when it's not you being denigrated, I know) Some just cannot resist saying things that they never would dare in a face to face.

Combat Diver
09-24-2012, 02:44 PM
I owned one for about a year when they first came out in the 90s. Trigger was heavy but that was to be understood as it was DAO. Gutter sight picture like on the old ASP I was familiar with. I never had any issues with feeding or extracting in over 200+ rounds. Bought a spare mag and no issues with either magazine. Sold it to my neighbor to fund something else at the time. Only thing I didn't like was a personal peeve was the way the mag was designed with the clips on the mag. It made carrying a flat mag impossible but you could carry the mag without a carry as you only had to hook the clip onto your belt/pocket etc.

CD

rintinglen
09-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Sir, I take no umbrage, but that statement was merely the truth.

A lady security officer of my acquaintance bought one, and was having trouble with it. Knowing that I was a "gun guy" she asked me to check it out. In firing some 40 rounds, it worked every time with the PMC ball and repeatedly failed to feed the Winchester HP's. As she was contemplating carrying it for self defense, I told her to sell it and buy something more reliable. You spend your money as you like, on what you want. But there is a reason why Smith and Wesson discontinued these guns.

kyle623
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
ok, i thought the lady comment was aimed at me. my apologies if i misunderstood your post.

jdgabbard
10-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I will toss this out there. Sigmas have gotten better than what they used to be. I've got a 9VE, and it is 10 times better than the Sigmas from the 90s....

kyle623
10-15-2012, 04:57 PM
I finally got a chance to shoot the sw380 last weekend, not one ftf or fte, it has the awful sigma trigger but other than that not a bad little gun. the sights are pretty much useless, but its not like i'm going to be doing any long range shooting with it either. can't say i got hurt on this deal. thanks for all the input guys.

NoZombies
10-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Glad to hear it Kyle. Be careful of the finish on the slide, it's pant over some kind of zinc (I think) alloy, and had come halfway off of the example I had in hand. Good luck with the little gun!