PDA

View Full Version : Illumination is safety - my solution for LnL and Pro-7

blikseme300
09-16-2012, 10:13 AM
I was kicking ideas round on how to better illuminate inside the press arch in order to be able to better see the charge level prior to placing the boolit. I googled and saw a number of ideas but chose to do this the hard way. Off to the local Lowes to see what I could find in LED lights. Criterions were cheap, battery operated and minimal modifications. The LED pen light is about $6 each and the bushing is Delrin turned on my cheapy HF lathe. Interesting to note that the central hole of the AP and Pro-7 are different. Time taken, about 1 hour for all 4. Loaded up some 300blk last night and the combination of shiny brass and the light enabled me to see the charge level with ease. Enjoy.

Bliksem
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W.R.Buchanan
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Now that is what this place is all about !!!

This is a great and totally simple fix for a problem I have been looking at for some time..

In fact I'm probably going to buy some of those penlights and figure out a simple way to mount them on several of my presses. Dillon SDB's, C&H, dL366, 266, Spolar and PW Metal Matic II.

The issue is always finding the right doodad to do the job, and it all falls into place after that.

Thanks for the tip.

Randy

abqcaster
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Excellent!

BeeMan
09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
That'll work. Nicely done.

I found a cheap LED light at harbor freight. It has a 1/2 in dia x 2 in long base section with batteries, connected to a 3 inch flex section with the LED. The base section is magnetic so it will mount wherever needed on a cast iron press. The flex neck can then direct the light where needed.