PDA

View Full Version : Good Day For Me

MDC
09-15-2012, 01:15 AM
I have been wanting a Model 94 7-30 Waters for about 10 years. Everytime I cross paths with one, it is entirely more than I can justify. I have no use for an $1100 safe queen. About 4 years ago I struck a deal for one on the higher end of what I feel is reasonable only to have the guy sell it out from under me, likely for more money.

Two weeks ago my nephew comes home for a visit and we are headed to the range to burn some powder and work on some loads for my 1894 41 mag. I've had it for a couple of years and have never really been able to work on getting it dialed in but told him this year I'm going to ventilate a pig with it. I told him I felt lucky having found the 41 mag at what my budget allows, now if I could just find a 7-30 Waters. I took a 225lb boar at 150yds and a doe at 175yds with my Contender this past year but still really want the lever gun. At one point I mention that I want to build a smaller BBQ pit because my 7' pit has become impractial and is taking up half my garage.
Well, he calls that Monday after getting back to west Texas. "Hey there's a 7-30 Waters for sell on such and such hunting site!" Yea I know, I've seen it but can't afford it right now. We continue with our discussion and he says "by the way were you serious about building a smaller pit?" Yes, why? "We need one out here" (He works in the oil fields and evidently his house is the hang out during off time) " what would you sell it for?" Long story short, he got a good deal on a pit that will burn enough brisket for him and all of his buddys or fit a fair sized hog cut in half lengthwise and I got home just a bit ago with a very clean Model 94.

Haggway
09-15-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm often told "Good things come to those who wait" To bad there are not short runs of these and other calibers made from time to time.