PDA

View Full Version : Lee Bench Plate on other presses?

no34570
09-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi
Was wondering for those people out there,that have a Lee Bench Plate Kit,what other presses have you got on them,as well as accessories?
Trying to decide if I want to put my old single stage press on one of the blank wood bases,to use for sizing cast boolits,or to get a little Lee C press,does anyone have one of these little presses?
Are they any good?
Thanks in advance

boltons75
09-11-2012, 06:07 AM
I have my rcbs lam2, a vise, a knife sharpener and my press all set up for it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

fryboy
09-11-2012, 06:27 AM
i have several other things on mine , i even made special blocks to put two case trimmers on them , the list also includes several assorted boolit sizers , several lee presses , an old spartan and one day soon when i get my new bench top it will also have my rock chucker on one ( which btw has almost the same bolt pattern as my olde rcbs LAM ) but until then it's the only press i have left that's hard mounted to my bench

Shepherd2
09-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I've got an RCBS Rock Chucker, a Lyman turret press, a 4500 Lubrisizer, a case trimmer and several other reloading tools mounted for my bench plate. I cut some additional wooden blocks out of a piece of 3/4" oak so I could mount tools on them without taking up reloading bench space.

1hole
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
",does anyone have one of these little (Lee Reloader) presses?"

Yes, a LOT of people do.

"Are they any good?"

Yes, otherwise they couldn't have lasted in the market so long.

joec
09-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I also have one that I use for with lube size setup from Lee and a Bulge Buster setup also from Lee. I use a Lee Hand press for decapping with the Universal decapping die. In addition I have a Lee Classic Cast I use for shot shells and RCBS cowboy dies due to the fact the press can handle 7/8 x 14 thread dies and 1 1/4 x 12 dies with removable die adapter. My main loading press is a Lee Classic Turret all are mounted using Lee Bench Plates with only the Lee Reloader mounted on the wood block with the other two on metal plates.

Casting_40S&W
09-11-2012, 04:28 PM
http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-steel-base-block?keyword=90267&category_id=0

This plate is pre punched for Lee Presses, but a rock chunker can be fixed to mount, by popping in a new set of holes with a appropriate sized drill or a broach if you want to get fancy.

no34570
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I have my rcbs lam2, a vise, a knife sharpener and my press all set up for it.

I never thought of that,I have a RCBS LAMII too
Thanks.

no34570
09-11-2012, 05:54 PM
i have several other things on mine , i even made special blocks to put two case trimmers on them , the list also includes several assorted boolit sizers , several lee presses , an old spartan and one day soon when i get my new bench top it will also have my rock chucker on one ( which btw has almost the same bolt pattern as my olde rcbs LAM ) but until then it's the only press i have left that's hard mounted to my bench
I have the intention of doing the same as you,putting all presses and trimmers and even my LAMII on one to save bench space. How does the Lee bench plate hold up?,sturdy enough?
Thanks

no34570
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I've got an RCBS Rock Chucker, a Lyman turret press, a 4500 Lubrisizer, a case trimmer and several other reloading tools mounted for my bench plate. I cut some additional wooden blocks out of a piece of 3/4" oak so I could mount tools on them without taking up reloading bench space.
Shepherd2
I intend to put my Lee Classic cast Turret on a bench plate,my old Simplex O frame press,a case trimmer,Lee zip trim,plus other tools and also thinking maybe putting my Forster CoAx press on one too,when I get it,or having that one bolted to the bench.
Wood for me(Hardwood) is easy to get,I work in a sawmill(off work now sick)we kiln dry it for the local market,so that is covered :)
Thanks

no34570
09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
",does anyone have one of these little (Lee Reloader) presses?"

Yes, a LOT of people do.

"Are they any good?"

Yes, otherwise they couldn't have lasted in the market so long.
Point taken,thanks:)

no34570
09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-steel-base-block?keyword=90267&category_id=0

This plate is pre punched for Lee Presses, but a rock chunker can be fixed to mount, by popping in a new set of holes with a appropriate sized drill or a broach if you want to get fancy.
Just ordered the Bench plate kit from my local supplier
$42+$13 postage(Australia) what a rip off:groner:

boltons75
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I have the intention of doing the same as you,putting all presses and trimmers and even my LAMII on one to save bench space. How does the Lee bench plate hold up?,sturdy enough?
Thanks

I use the metal plates for the high stress ones, and as long a you mount the base solid, it should work for you. Haven't had an issue yet with mine. I also got an extra set of the rails that hold that plate onto the steel base,, and mounted directly to a tray table for a portable table to do some brass prep on in my camper during deer season.

no34570
09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I use the metal plates for the high stress ones, and as long a you mount the base solid, it should work for you. Haven't had an issue yet with mine. I also got an extra set of the rails that hold that plate onto the steel base,, and mounted directly to a tray table for a portable table to do some brass prep on in my camper during deer season.

I also got an extra set of the rails that hold that plate onto the steel base,, and mounted directly to a tray table for a portable table to do some brass prep on in my camper during deer season.
Now that is a good idea
Thanks for the tip ;)

375supermag
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi
Was wondering for those people out there,that have a Lee Bench Plate Kit,what other presses have you got on them,as well as accessories?
Trying to decide if I want to put my old single stage press on one of the blank wood bases,to use for sizing cast boolits,or to get a little Lee C press,does anyone have one of these little presses?
Are they any good?
Thanks in advance

I have one of those "C" presses that I bought for my very first press, to see if I really wanted to load my own ammunition.

I loaded many hundreds of rounds on it. In the fullness of time, I came to realize that a press that flexed that much when re-sizing handgun cases probably wasn't going to load the most consistent ammunition.

Enter a Lee Pro 1000. Exit a Lee Pro 1000.

Talked to some experienced reloaders...their advice was pretty consistently RCBS RockChucker.

I may one day switch to a turret press or a progressive unit, but my RockChucker has loaded many, many thousands of rounds with absolutely zero problems. If I ever do "upgrade" it will be for no other reason than to speed up the process. One can not load better ammunition than a RockChucker will produce.