PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rat's TAC#1 lube.

Del-Ray
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
So I got me a lubrisizer. And after ordering zip lube from Randy I ordered some of his TAC#1 as well.

I hit the range today, with some of my 8 hardness, self cast, lubed with TAC, and about 50 commerical "hard as a preachers post", crayola lubed bullets.

The revolver that shot my soft, TAC lubed bullets was almost completely lead free. About 1/8th of an inch of the leade going from the forcing cone into the rifling had a bit of lead, which came off with a regular brush. That was it. The rest of the barrel was clean.

The revolver with the commercial cast, crayola lube was... Bad. About 2 inches after the forcing cone was covered in lead. And pieces of it were peeling out between shooting it.

I know I'm preachering to the choir. But dang! The boss isn't going to like what I have to tell customers from now on about our cast bullets we're selling...

Thanks again Randy. Your advice so far has been great. I haven't loaded any J words in weeks now, might have to sell em to get more lead!

geargnasher
09-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Proper dynamic boolit fit and balancing the load to the alloy is how gas-leak leading is prevented. Some guns have rough spots that physically grab lead, and a better lube can help to a certain extent there. Lube alone cannot prevent leading if other things aren't right, but exchanging a lousy lube for a great one or one more suited to the application can help a great deal.

Gear

randyrat
09-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Gear you said it.

I had a pistola that was from hell. No matter what I did there would be some leading. That was before I learned about restrictions, rough bores, boolit fit, throat/cylinder size compared to groove diameter etc...

Also at the time there was a rifle, no matter what i loaded in it never had a bit a lead in it.

Between the Pistola and the rifle I knew there had to be more to this stuffing lead boolits than meets the eye.

I run into a problem child once in a while that gives me a run for the money and a headache .

A good lube does have it's benefits though, it will help you and not hinder your shooting.

rexherring
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I've been using the TAC 1 for awhile and have found no faults so far. Shot it in my .45 ACP, .38, .45 Colt BH, and .30-30 Marlin. I haven't had to scrub out any heavy lead so far that didn't come out with a #9 soaked patch.

Good stuff.

Chicken Thief
09-13-2012, 01:12 PM
TAC #1 does not lend itself to pan lubing!
But that is about the worst i can say about it.
Even show promise with BP :-)

turmech
09-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Not to disagree but I find it perfect for pan lubbing. Was not even going to post this as it is only my opinion and not wanting to ruffle any feather (no pun intend to chicken thief) but I find randy product so good I would not want anyone looking to pan lube to consider not purchasing it. Just my 2 cents