PDA

View Full Version : New Forum.

45nut
05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Please add content as needed .

jballs918
05-21-2007, 03:54 PM
as we grow i see this becoming a needed tool. thanks again you super admin guys.

No_1
05-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks! May I suggest that when people want to "Straight Shoot" or "deadbeat" someone that they start a new thread in this forum using the persons screen name for the thread Ie: No-1 = Straight Shooter. In their particular thread you should mildly detail the deal. Then may I suggest that when others deal with them they use the persons tread to add info for that person. My belief is that it will help if each person has his own thread so his info is easy to find.

45nut
05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Exactly as I intended Robert.

trickyasafox
05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
posted a bit too quick and didn't follow the evolving rules.

rugerman1
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Straight Shooters :
wiljen
j4570
lastmanout
45nut ,imagine that!:mrgreen:
STP
lar45
Willbird
mister gizmo
JohnH
felix
Ranch Dog
JSH
onesonek

Deadbeats,,,none here at CB

45nut
05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
posted a bit too quick and didn't follow the evolving rules.

Just let it roll, nothing we can't clean up later bub.

Scrounger
05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
The only thing I would suggest on this is that it be limited to negative information. There really is no point in posting 498 "He's a great guy" posts. I do some buying and selling on Ebay and the way some people fall in love with their feedback makes me sick. I never even check if anyone leaves feedback on me. As far as I'm concerned the only feedback of any value is the negative. Especially on a forum like this; it would be real easy to have your buddies bury you with compliments. Guess that was how I was raised, you were supposed to be honest, and do your job; if you did, you don't deserve a medal for it because it was expected.

357maximum
05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
The only thing I would suggest on this is that it be limited to negative information. There really is no point in posting 498 "He's a great guy" posts. I do some buying and selling on Ebay and the way some people fall in love with their feedback makes me sick. I never even check if anyone leaves feedback on me. As far as I'm concerned the only feedback of any value is the negative. Especially on a forum like this; it would be real easy to have your buddies bury you with compliments. Guess that was how I was raised, you were supposed to be honest, and do your job; if you did, you don't deserve a medal for it because it was expected.

That is twice today your words have resounded true....:drinks:

45nut
05-21-2007, 07:02 PM
we have plenty of bandwidth to allow pats on the back on this thread,,,deadbeats deserve their own thread though.

No_1
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I agree and disagree. Those that have not done business with a person might want to know that they can feel somewhat safe and can get that feeling from seeing some good guy comments. Since we are not people who make a life seeling our stuff and we are not a group that seems stuck on ourselves, I do not see it as becoming a problem.

Robert

waksupi
05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I have done business with several members here, but prefer to keep my dealings private. If any I have done business with wish to use me as a reference, feel free to use me as a contact, on dealings with others.

rmb721
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Straight Shooters: everyone that I have dealt with. I only know one personally(steelbanger)

trooperdan
Jar-WV
johnch
biggome
scrounger
mel
steelbanger
Whaump'em
kywoodwrkr
Possom
todd 987
kirb
obssd1958
crazymark
buck 1
Calamity Jake
Klausg
Lloyd Smale
357 maximum
David R
MT Gianni
joeb33050
lar45
edward 429451
lastman out
redneckdan
monadnock#5
Bullshop
nighthunter
Uncle Grinch

I think it is just as important to list the straight shooters as it is to list the deadbeats.
I may have missed someone. If I did, please PM me so I can add you to this list. Thank you.

trickyasafox
05-21-2007, 11:25 PM
good people to deal with:
txpete
bman
BruceB
mooman76
OLPDon

:)

BigSlick
05-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I've dealt with a few here and have never been burned.

Mr Gizmo
Opcon
3006guns
Lastmanout
Bass Ackward
Wiljen
Catshooter

ANeat - one of the very best. A fellow GTR Member and all around good guy, hell of a welder too.

44woody - many, many times, goes above and beyond every time. Took care of a horrible experience with the Post Office for me without so much as even a brief delay.

I'm a short timer compared to many of you guys, and my toy budget has been pretty small this year, but every deal I've done here has been a good one.
________
UGGS (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

Bret4207
05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I think it's important to be sure of your facts BEFORE you leave a negative. Last year we had an issue that nearly resulted in someones good name being drug thru the mud for no good reason. Read the "Contact" post on the GB forum s an example pf the problems we can have or avoid thru a little foresight.

I'd also urge posters to keep their cool and just state the facts as opposed to going overboard.

monadnock#5
05-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure I like this idea. If I don't get flamed for being a liar, cheat and/or a thief after the fact, that's all the feedback I want or need. I don't plan to sell often enough on this board that I need to advertise.

We all know that a seller and a buyer can closely examine the same item, and honestly come up with a completely different rating for that item. How will the moderators deal with the flaming that comes from a negative posting based on the difference between "very good" and "excellent". Who will be responsible for maintaining an Ebay style "Conflict Resolution Center".

If the members and moderators identify and convict any member of defrauding anyone on this board, the guilty party should either get booted from the fraternity, or their selling privileges revoked. IMHO, it's pretty much that simple, and that serious.Ken

45nut
05-22-2007, 01:23 PM
It is serious,,and I do take it that way.

I think the "jury" can consist of those in "Team Boolits" and the process can be discussed in that forum, it is not visible except to those with a subscription.
Any members of "Team Boolits" without access please contact Willy to get that corrected.

Any feedback ?

versifier
05-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I think that's why we have a bunch of moderators here on the CB Forum. I like the idea of both positive and negative, but I agree that the negative should be a last resort, well thought out, and not done on impulse. This section was a first class idea.

VTDW
05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Judges??? Jeeze fellas!!! Next will be attorneys for the plaintifs and defendants over a $10 deal. Oh yeah, we will allow witnesses, e-mail copies, recorded phone conversations and Post Office receipts too? Methinks we are making a sawmill out of a toothpick.

Dave

waksupi
05-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Ken, keep it among the moderators. You would be opening a big can of worms. We have a tough enough time hashing things out.

PatMarlin
05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
PatMarlin is a deadbeat. Avoid at all costs...........:groner:

45nut
05-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Ken, keep it among the moderators. You would be opening a big can of worms. We have a tough enough time hashing things out.

OK....Agreed.

No_1
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Have ya'll heard about that PatMarlin? ;)

kenjuudo
05-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Have ya'll heard about that PatMarlin? ;)

I've got a list of over thirty guys on the board that are just like him:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

buck1
05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
My brain is getting old I guess, But here are just a FEW of the STAND UP FOLKS I WILL ALWAYS LOOK FOWARD TO DEALING WITH!
More to come as I rember, er, er,- What was I talking about again? ...LOL :)
Bass Acward
RMB721
475/480
vp146b4
Felix
LAR
Anyone named Bullshop
Leftoverdj
creeker
Buckshot

Its coming back to me slooowly...
Thats not even close to done..

PS Did ya hear about " PatMarlin "? LOL!

tommyn
05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
The only one on this board I have done any buying or trading with is Ken and ten thumbs up on our two deal.

mike in co
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
i cannot complete this list..cause i keep deleting old pm's....

but some that i have dealt with.......
met. talked to, etc....

scrounger
maven
bobs
sundog
waksupi
chargar
deputy al
cntrmass

i know there are others.....

the best i can say is that i know no one that that i would not deal with.

mold maker
09-21-2008, 09:08 PM

That aint even funny Pat.
You done right by me, and I've not heard otherwise from anybody else.
mold maker

Tom W.
09-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I dunno... If he doesn't come up with that Check Maker pretty soon.... I wanna be a field tester!