PDA

View Full Version : Got my equipment ordered.

trying2learn
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I got a lee melting pot a 45 acp 230 grain tl mold and ladle and the Lla for around 50 bucks. It's not a big pot says it holds up to 4 lbs which for starting will do me just fine. And I figure when I upgrade later I have a smelting pot. I am only using a 2 round mold and the guy at the store said this was a good setup for the price. If they had it in stock it would have cost much more but since the website said they did and it was wrong and I drove all the way down there to get it he cut some off the prices and gave me free shipping. Not a bad day except that now I will have to wait foe delivery.

I am not wrong thinking this is a good starting set am I? Anything is a upgrade to having nothing and buying all my cast bullets.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

turtlezx
09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
i have the same setup as you.
can cast non stop all day if i want to about 275 per hr
set the heat to #7 setting and add a 10oz ingot ever 20 boolits
and it maintains temp purrfectly .
i make ingots from a mini muffin pan to get 10ozers
that way the temp doesnt varry like putting in a big chunk of lead

works for me

williamwaco
09-09-2012, 08:41 PM
It will be worth the wait.

You are in for a lifetime of misery and fun.

trying2learn
09-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Lol. I am ready for the fun. I know my wife is ready for me to get it. That was all I could focus on this whole trip was finding the stuff. Now show said I can relax till we leave to head home tomorrow. She doesn't get me. Lol. How can I relax knowing my toys are being boxed up and shipped the whole time all alone without any lead to console them.

Wayne Smith
09-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Sounds like you are on your way. Of course, you do need alloy, too!

WILCO
09-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I got a lee melting pot a 45 acp 230 grain tl mold and ladle...

What type of ladle did you get? I switched to a RCBS Ladle and it makes all the difference: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=127865&highlight=switched+ladles

trying2learn
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I have been stocking up on my lead ww for a few months now. I got the 5 dollar lee ladle probably not the best but it is a starting point.