PDA

View Full Version : WW Easter egg Hunt

500MAG
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
The only tire shops, around my area, are cooperate ones that won't give up any WW's. This afternoon, I took my wifes car up to one to get a oil change, tire rotation & allignment. When I picked the car up, while walking thru the parking lot, I picked up 4 or 5 WW's. I went and got my two boys and brought them back for a WW Easter egg hunt. We hit two tire places, near the house, and picked up about 15 pounds in WW's from the parking lot's. One of my boys went up to one of the workers and asked if they had any they could give him because he was makin fishin weights for a trip he was going on, learned him good. The guy handed him as many as he could carry. He was so excited running them over to me. Didn't have the heart to tell him those were zinc.[smilie=w:

sqlbullet
09-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I have a friend who walks alot. I get a handful of WW every Sunday when I see him at church. Usually about half are lead. Wouldn't keep me in casting, but every little bit helps.

IIJSavoy
09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I average about 2-lbs a week in COWW from my walks around the neighborhood and during breaks at work. It doesn't seem like a lot but I'm upto about 3/4-full of a 5-gal bucket between the walks and the occassional score from auto/tire shop.

Every bit helps...and the extra walking is all good health wise - Pb increasing, BMI decreasing.

(Don't everyone start walking...I'm already upto 25miles a week to get that 2-lbs!)

500MAG
09-12-2012, 07:56 PM
There is a very busy intersection, close to our house, that I have to go thru everytime I come and go from home. Anyway, one edge of the intersection has at least 30 WW's laying on the ground. You know how pieces of glass and junk that falls on the road from accidents congregates in small areas at each corner? It is driving me crazy. Everytime I drive thru there it's like they are calling my name. LOL

Bad Water Bill
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
So go out at midnight with a flashlight.

When asked what you are doing "my kid (grand kid) dropped a toy out the window as we were going around the corner." :)