PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Pensacola area

connecticut-yankee
09-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm looking for someone to mentor a 60 year old rookie (me) in the art of making my own boolits and reloading.
If interested, PM me and we'll get together.

Thanx
Connecticut-Yankee

D Crockett
09-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Connecticut Yankee if you lived a bit closer to me I would of been happy to do it .but I live a ways from you in Bradenton that is about 50 miles south of Tampa . but I can teach you over the computer or by phone. I have done it lots of times with people. here is a basic list of things you will need to start casting--- a smelting pot --- ingot moulds --- a laydel - wheel weights or lead of somekind --- a turkey fryer --- a magnet with a T handle on it to get the ww clips out of your mix --- flux to clean your lead with --- 3 - 5gal bucketts one with holes drilled in the bottom fill the first one up about 3/4 or a little more with water but the second one inside it to cool your ww clips off with and the 3rd buckett to dump the clips into when cooled - and a good set of gloves I like weilding gloves - then you will have to determan how you want to make your bullets one choice is to dip cast wich is you have a mould and a melted pot of lead and you just poure them with a laydel or you can get a casting pot which will melt your clean lead in and you just poure lead in the mould from a spout on the bottom of the pot .a lot of this stuff I make you will be suprised as to what works for casting tools. I make the melting pot - ingot moulds - the magnet with a T handle - flux - and I could probly come up with a laydel for you . well let me know if I can help would be my pleasure to help you get started in casting D Crockett

DukeInFlorida
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm doing a formal reloading class on Sept 15th, here in Maine.

If you're going to be in Maine then, let me know. I can work you into the class.

Tom W.
09-08-2012, 04:05 AM
I'm 200 miles North east of you. I don't get down there much anymore since my parents passed....Check with the Escambia S.O. and see if they know of anyone nearby that can help.

6.5 mike
09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Yankee, pm sent :Fire:.