PDA

View Full Version : ranch dog

wgr
09-07-2012, 12:23 AM
is ranch dog going out of bussness

bcr
09-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Yes, he's in the process of closing it down. He is still taking orders but not replacing any inventory, as of a couple weeks ago. I got the two molds I really wanted. I corresponded with him briefly and it sounds like it's enormously time consuming (mostly answering emails) and produces either no profits or losses. I wondered if he raised the prices to $85 if he could have made it. I would still have bought mine. Who knows.

wgr
09-07-2012, 01:10 AM
do,nt know if 85 would help ,but i would pay that without a problem. we all want to get things as cheap as we can. but a man has to make a living cant work for nothing

Biggfoot44
10-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I stumbled into the fact of Ranch Dog closing down , and made plans to order several upon my payday about to arrive. About 36hrs later two of the molds I was going to get sold out. Made alternative selection for one , ordered 5 .

45-70.gov
10-06-2012, 11:17 AM
maybe lee will hire him as a design consultant

then we can get his stuff even cheaper

any way i got the one i wanted when i got the news

MikeS
10-06-2012, 12:25 PM
If Lee made his stuff without his eagle-eye to keep them in check, we might get the same designs, but without the same QC.

Now if Lee would hire him to head up a QC department, we might start getting Lee stuff that worked the first time!

Bad Water Bill
10-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Ranch dog has reached that point in life when age hits all of us. He would like to spend time with the family.

If my memory is still working he has a ranch he has to take care of also' That is a lot of things to have on any ones plate.

He has helped many here and deserves to relax and enjoy what is left of his life.

Yes I wish I could have gotten a few more but I will survive as will all others when he is in full retirement.

My comment is THANK YOU and just RELAX Ranch Dog.:D

btroj
10-06-2012, 12:32 PM
We owe Michael a deb of gratitude. He gave us many excellent designs for lever actions.

I hope he enjoys the time with family.

turbo1889
10-06-2012, 12:32 PM
maybe lee will hire him as a design consultant . . .

I don't think Lee is that smart.

I have been proven wrong before though and I would gladly be proven wrong in this case. Especially if they let him fix their pistol factory crimp dies and the expander plugs on the powder through expander dies and they don't just segregate him to molds only duty.