PDA

View Full Version : Scope for side lock

Hogdaddy
09-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I have a old BP with a 1 in 48 twist. It shoots conicals good but patched RB Better

Same with my T/C. Both are side locks. Do they make a mount foor a scope, For the T/C New englander ?? If so I'd get one with the quickness

:arrow: Cuz in 93 I was shooting clovers @ 100 Yds, I'm sure I need a scope for that distance now. But at 50 Yds I still clover with bad eyes.
It sucks getting old.
I Could drill & tap one srew & use sight screw for other, or dose a kit use the screw on the Breach ??
Thanks for any info yall can find ; )
H/D

mooman76
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
They make a scope mount for octagon barrels that needs no drilling. It mounts to the flats. Is that what you could use or is the New Englander a round barrel?

Hogdaddy
09-06-2012, 10:48 PM
They make a scope mount for octagon barrels that needs no drilling. It mounts to the flats. Is that what you could use or is the New Englander a round barrel?

Round Barrel :(
H/D

Multigunner
09-06-2012, 11:42 PM
The old style near barrel length brass tube telescope sights look great on a traditional side lock muzzle loader.
They make replica mounts and scopes for the Sharps rifles, they may be available for muzzle loaders but I haven't seen them.

wgr
09-07-2012, 12:17 AM
they did make one for a round barrel. not sure they still do. they do make a peep sight for it

smoked turkey
09-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I have a peep sight on mine and like it. It makes the target clearer for some reason when you look through the small peep as compared to normal blade sights. If you want a scope then by all means you have gotten some good advice here on that. I just mention that peep sights will sharpen the bullseye for you when compared to conventional. Might be worth a try.

Good Cheer
09-08-2012, 11:01 AM
This is a mount TC made for the New Englander, to fit TC's scopes. They made a similar mount for the Hawken and Renegade with a flat surface.
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy192/SNARGLEFLERK/NEMount.jpg

Good Cheer
09-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Got one of the TC mounts for a flat top barrel and one of the TC pistol scopes. And a Green Mountain 38" .40 barrel to fit a Renegade. I keep threatening to put them together and go find a coyote but there's just always something else that needs doing.