PDA

View Full Version : 43 Dutch Beaumont

smokemjoe
05-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I think I need a Beaumont, Found one for sale, Had one years back but had the chamber pluged and rechamber to 45-70 and gone now, Can anyone tell me about loading for it, What about dies or any other way to load without buying high price dies. Can you make brass from anything else, 3 years ago when I wintered out in Daytona a fellow was shooting one and said he was using 348 brass. Got any ideas of how to put one back into shooting again. Thanks- Smokemjoe

Andy_P
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Make brass from Starline 50-90. Just size and trim. Track of the Wolf sells it in small quantities, even singles.

smokemjoe
05-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Make brass from Starline 50-90. Just size the trim. Track of the Wolf sells it in small quantities, even singles.

what about dies. Thanks- Joe

Buckshot
05-21-2007, 03:43 AM
............One of the regular Tuesday range shooters just bought a Beaumont. CH-4D would be the best and cheapest bet for the dies. You can make brass from CBC/Mag-Tech brass 32 ga shotgun shells. They'll need to be shortened but are like $12.89 for 25, and use a LRP for ignition.

I use that brass for my 11.4x42R Comblain and the brass is utterly amazing in how forgiving it is. The Comblain has no neck in the chamber, but obviously the case DOES have to have a neck to hold the boolit, right? At each firing it blows the neck out. They've been fired 8 times each, and 5 times since annealing and I haven't lost one due to splits yet.

He had a box (maybe came with the rifle?) of Old Western Scrounger ammo. These were formed from the CBC/Magtech brass, but were primed with the really crappy #56 Berdan primers which would pierce in a heartbeat. The OWS loads (for most the BP stuff usually) were really bad. Probably loose BP and no wads or anything. When he shot it it just had a dull (and weak) 'Thud' sound.

................Buckshot