PDA

View Full Version : Another fallen soldier

2muchstuf
09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
We buried dad yesterday.
He was a WW II vet.
Germany, France , Belgium, and Holland is about all you could ever get out of him.
He just didn't like to talk about it.

This generation is passing very fast.
I think he was the oldest guy in his small town.
He would have been 88 next month.

madman
09-06-2012, 08:32 AM
I am sorry to hear that your Father has passed. The Greatest Generation ever! Long may they be remembered. I lost my Dad he was in the Navy, he did not talk about the war either. You and your family are in our prayers. We will all be together again some day. God bless you.

Goatwhiskers
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
My dad and uncle both were WW2 vets, used to wonder why they only told the kinda funny stories, but never talked about the war otherwise. Paid a visit to the D-Day museum in New Orleans after they both had passed on, now I understand why. There is no glory in war, only the patriotism and heroism of the individuals. GW

WILCO
09-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear of this. Will keep you in prayers.

burntpowder
09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
My wifes Father who is also now deceased helped clean up the mess at Pearl Harbor had a bad effect on his life.I'm so proud of these men who gave us freedom.You are in our prayers.

2muchstuf
09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts and prayers.

We're all doing pretty well.
His passing has been expected for some time.
It was still very hard to let go.

cummins05
09-11-2012, 11:28 PM
This is my grandfather a man I loved and adored he taught me so many lessons and showed me do many things especially when it comes to repairing small Briggs and stratton engines I really couldn't see him much the past few years and I regret that but the airforce kept us apart however his funeral was the best worst day o my life I showed up from Texas to pa in service dress blues for my grandfathers respects and surprised many people to be there I hope he may rest in peace I am really missing this man