PDA

View Full Version : recomendation for first "real" reloading press

John in WI
09-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I am currently loading .38's with a Lee Loader and loading 12 gauge shells by hand and crimping them with a roll crimper. So far the results have been pretty good but at least with the .38 it's been painfully slow!

I just learned that my AK barrel is about a thousandth oversized and I can't find any commercial ammo that will shoot remotely well in it. A LOT of keyholes. So unfortunately it looks like commercial ammo is not going to give me any kind of decent accuracy.

So I think I finally need to break down and get a real reloading press (they don't make a Lee Loader in 7.62x39) and a mold in .312.

The problem is I'm a college student (ie broke) and an apartment dweller and a tiny apartment at that! So I'm considering the Lee Breech Lock Hand Press Kit.

Anyone have experience with it? I'm not so concerned with pumping out millions of rounds with it. I don't have a whole lot of time to shoot anyway and even with the Lee Loader I can lay back enough ammo to keep me in plenty of ammo for the revolver. I'm not one to take the AK out and hose down the range with bullets. If it shoots straight and reliably, I would be perfectly happy.

Thanks for any advice on the subject.

Moonie
09-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I have one and it works for the tasks I use it for which is mostly depriming. It is a very handy press, it will handle most reloading chores, I wouldn't want to resize large magnum brass in it but it would probably be fine with it. It doesn't come with any way to prime so I'd recommend a hand primer by Lee as well.

It will be slow, but doable.

fcvan
09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I've used the heck out of the hand press while watching sports and such, mostly depriming or resizing. I tend to use a Lee Turret press the rest of the time, but still use it more like a single stage press. I have a really nice bench that I've used for 20+ years, but I'm leaving that with my brother in California. I will be building a new bench in Colorado, but in the interim I have made something more portable.

I have a cheap knock of of a Black and Decker Workmate which folds. I made a top that locks into place when I expand the Workmate jaws. On one side I've mounted the Lyman 450 lubrisizer, the other side a Lee Reloader single stage 'C' press and on the front the turret press. Each tool is mounted to the top with bolts and 'T' nuts. I can fold up the gear, put it in the trunk, and take it to the range to build and test loads at the range.

The Lee Reloader mounted to a board and clamped to the Workmate would be very portable for use in an apartment. It's what I used the last time I was an apartment dweller. I could also use the Workmate with bench top for my boolit casting. I just prefer the turret press over regular single stage presses as I can switch calibers very quickly. The hand press or the reloader press would be good choices for compact affordable reloading. Frank

zuke
09-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Look on Craig's list and see what you can pick up on the cheap.
If I were to do it all over again I'd go with the LEE Classic Turret press.

Char-Gar
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Ebay and other places are filled with used but quality cast iron presses by RCBS, Pacific, Lyman, Herters and other makers. You will be suprised how cheaply some of these can be bought. They will load ammo just as good as any high dollar press.

Dan Cash
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
What Char-Gar says + these presses will work and work and work, giving you satisfaction for your dollar.

C.F.Plinker
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=122342

1hole
09-05-2012, 06:40 PM
"I'm considering the Lee Breech Lock Hand Press Kit."

It's fine for what you wish to do but avoid the "breech lock" gimmick, it adds cost for no real benefit - unscrewing and swapping dies normally really isn't difficult nor time consuming.

You MIGHT be better served with Lee's little "Reloader" press for the same cost but it's much simpler to use. You can attach it to a short board and use C clamps to secure the board to a table for much easier working than with the hand press. Even a light weight alum alloy press will do a lot more work and last a lot longer than many "iron only" guys seem to think.

Either way, you will need a seperate priming tool, Lee's is quite good and if you pay attention to what you're doing they will last ages - the two I have are now over 20 years old and both are doing fine.

MT Chambers
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey folks, he wanted a "real press", Forster, Redding, Hornady, Rcbs, in that order, IMHO!

John in WI
09-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I will be scouring the web and looking for some presses. So far in my very limited reloading/casting experience I've been "penny wise, pound foolish". Rather than buy a casting pot right away, I bought a $40 liquid fuel stove which I clogged up and ruined by using unleaded gasoline. So I had to pay to get that fixed and ended up buying a Lee bottom pour anyway. I don't regret the Lee Loader--it's a slick little tool and it DOES work. But I just don't want to move up barely 1 step, then regret not moving up into the major leauges. Buying the half a$$ version only to buy the right one 2 months later is a stupid way to operate.

I hate these decisions. I don't need the Rolls Royce, but I don't want to Yugo either.

I just don't want to buy less tool than I need, only to have to buy another tool to do the tasks the one I purchased can't. I'm not really experienced enough to know "how is this choice going to come back to bite me later?". I got the Lee Loader, which is great. Except that I loaded up about 100 rounds with purchased, used brass and THEN realized that 20 of them won't fit the cylinder in my Smith. It won't resize them properly unless they were originally fired from my gun.

Anyway, I would like to "do it right" but don't have several hundred to dump on it either. So hopefully a used but cared for setup will turn up. That razor edge between inexpensive and cheap.

daniel lawecki
09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
You REALLY want to stay away from a single stage press get a progressive and save time wishing you had.

waksupi
09-05-2012, 07:12 PM
You REALLY want to stay away from a single stage press get a progressive and save time wishing you had.

Depends on how you approach hand loading. I have been using a single stage for 40 years, and don't care to have a progressive in my cabin. I'm more in to precision reloading, than churn and burn.

09-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm a believer in the single-stage approach, too, and have a total of $100 invested in an RCBS JR 3 and a Rock Chucker II. However, to each his own.

Bargains are out there, just don't get ripped off on shipping.

Oreo
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I took the opposite approach. I saved and threw down for the Hornady LNL-AP as my first press. For me, that was an excellent decision. I don't churn & burn either, but its nice to be able to crank out 2k rds of pistol ammo in a couple days and then put the press away in a closet and not think about it again for a few months. I also load high precision 223 for my varmint rifle.

That isn't a high dollar set-up but it sure isn't cheap for a college student. So I'll suggest rebarrelling your ak so you can use commercial ammo and continue using your current reloading gear till you've saved up enough to buy the LNL-AP you're eventually going to want anyway.

(Full disclosure, I am an LNL-AP phanboi.)

David2011
09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Do you have a space 18" x 25" for a loading bench? This works very well for me.

David

woody1
09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm a believer in the single-stage approach, too, and have a total of $100 invested in an RCBS JR 3 and a Rock Chucker II. However, to each his own.

Bargains are out there, just don't get ripped off on shipping.

What they said. IMO you will NEVER not need a good single stage press. I find better deals on used pressed at gun shows than Fleabay and don't have to pay shipping. Get yourself a good used RCBS Jr. and be happy. RCBS will fix it if you should ever need it. Regards, Woody

David2011
09-05-2012, 08:39 PM
+!, Woody! I have 3 Dillons and use my 2 RCBS presses regularly. Wouldn't want to be without them. The toolbox mount above was set up while I was moving.

David

jimkim
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I own an RCBS, a Dillon and three Lee presses. For the most part I use my Lee Classic Turret press. The little RCBS RS, Lee Challenger, and Lee Classic Cast are almost never touched, and the Dillon is kept for large production. I usually suggest starting with a Lee Classic Turret press. It has a heavy steel base, thick steel linkages and uses compound leverage for those really big jobs.

O-Frame single stage presses can be broken up into different categories, based on the material from which they are made, cast iron and aluminum.

To my knowledge cast iron presses only come in one weight classification heavy.

The Lee Classic Cast, Classic Breech Lock, Lyman Crusher -II, RCBS RC, and Redding(Boss, Big Boss, Big Boss II) presses all have cast iron frames and strong steel linkages. Any of the iron O-frame presses will last several lifetimes.

Aluminum presses come in two weight classifications, heavy and light.

The RCBS RS-5, and Hornady LNL Classic are heavy aluminum alloy presses with steel linkages. Either of the heavy framed aluminum presses should last a generation or two.

The RCBS Partner Press and Lee Breech Lock presses have lighter aluminum alloy frames with steel linkages. If you buy an older Lee press, keep in mind the Lee Challenger and original Breech Lock presses had aluminum alloy linkages. If you buy one, either make sure the linkages are steel or upgrade them after you get it.

My personal observations on the lightweight presses are as follows: The Lee Breech Lock is a pretty good press for someone on a limited budget. Unfortunately, I am biased when it comes to the RCBS Partner press. The only one* I ever saw was broken. The main frame actually broke free from the base, so I wouldn't take one if it was free. The only press I've ever seen that is weaker IMO is the Lee Reloader. If you look at them side by side, it looks like Lee took the RCBS Partner press and cut the forward pillar off making it into a C-frame press.

* I have now seen another one. It is used to handload handgun ammo only. It seems to be pretty well suited for this.

turmech
09-05-2012, 09:32 PM
hard to beat the Lee classic single stage kit. IIRC cost around $130. kit comes with everything you need except the dies. It has the press, a scale, powder measure, priming tool, priming shell holders, primer pocket cleaner, case cutter (to be used with case ln gauge which is bought separte for each cal.) and case lube. All of these are not the best that can be bought, but do a good job and will last a life time is cared for.

W.R.Buchanan
09-05-2012, 10:15 PM
You will always need a single stage press. You might as well get a good one like and RCBS Rock Chucker. You should be able to find a used one , buy one off Ebay, or at a local gun show.

I started with a Lee Loader and then bought a Rock Chucker in 1977. I mounted it to a 2x3 piece of 3/4" plywood and then to a B&D Workmate.

I still have everything but I use the RC most of all. I have Dillons, a C&H, a PW, but the RC is the primary tool and will do everything the others will do and more.

You can always add more tools as you go and money permits, however the single stage press is the must have first item.

I like David2011's little setup above. It is neat and has everything you need right there.

Now as far as shotgun shells go you should look at a MEC 650. There are lots of used ones around if you just look. It is difficult to make enough shot shells without at least a Single stage shotgun press. also there are older presses like the Pacific 105 that you can pick up on Ebay routinely for $25-50 that will make very acceptable ammo. With shot shells you pretty much just find a good load and make lots of them. Not that much changing around, once it's setup you just run it.

Welcome to the Hobby. The cool thing is you can have fun with a shoebox of tools or a complete garage full of tools. Sky's the limit.

Randy

r1kk1
09-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Invest in a good single stage. Like others said, find a used cast iron one. I personally don't care for aluminum single stages as my needs are different than yours. This list churns up some rare finds once in a while. I'm partial to the old RCBS Big Maxx or any of the A-series presses. Too many oldies but goodies are still out there.

take care
r1kk1

Oreo
09-06-2012, 12:55 AM
A single stage press may be very useful but it is not a necessity at all. I do everything that needs to be done on my LNL-AP and have no need or desire for a single stage. Just sayin.

Fishman
09-06-2012, 07:23 AM
I still use the Lee Reloader press I bought for my daughter to use 20 years ago. As I recall it was $12 back then. My bench has a Mec shotgun Reloader, the Lee Reloader, a Hornady progressive, and a Lyman 4500 lubrisizer. When I don't want to set up the Hornady, I use the Lee. Recent tasks include primer pocket swaging and two or three small runs of low use calibers.

As others have said, you'll always have use for a single stage. I'm saying that even a very inexpensive one will do you just fine.

1hole
09-06-2012, 09:21 AM
"Hey folks, he wanted a "real press", Forster, Redding, Hornady, Rcbs, in that order, IMHO! "

I assume that in eagerness to post your list of personal choices you missed that he's a financially challenged college guy living in a tiny apartment?

Seems better to use our experience to actually match a poster's needs rather than just propose to everyone what flosts our own boat. And that especially includes any suggestions for a progressive of any kind at all. Just ssaying. IMHO. ??

BillP
09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I would buy a vintage used iron press over any new cheap press for the same money. Lyman Spartans are all over the place with primer arm/feed tubes for low bucks. If you don't want to scrounge around to find an old quality press, a new Lee Reloader is an alternative...it's not the qualithy of an old press but is easy to buy. There's another brand I think is called Reloader that appears to be giving Lee competition for the lowest price. You will have to add a primer setup of some sort. Personally, if on a budget, I would buy all my major equipment used...old quality beats new cheap every time.

dragon813gt
09-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I suggest you get a Lee Classic Cast Turret. It can be used as a single stage by simply removing the indexing rod(One screw). And has the advantage of being auto indexing to speed up production. They are reasonably priced so save if you have to. Unless you're a high volume shooter a progressive is overkill. Most people that have the Lee turret use it more than the other presses they own.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

r1kk1
09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
To add to Fishman about primer pocket swaging tasks (which can be done other ways), the Lee bullet sizers are another task assigned to a single stage. The pusher stem (for lack of better words on my part) does not fit any of my shellplates. I do some case forming to keep some stuff shooting like the TCU cartridges, 33 Winchester, 38-56 and some wildcats. Small base dies and body dies are another thing I delegate to a single stage. My 550 handles volume but my single does other stuff. My needs are different.

The OP wanted something in his budget. Used stuff can be had for a fair price. There are a lot of cool machines out there!

Take care

r1kk1

Char-Gar
09-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I will be scouring the web and looking for some presses. So far in my very limited reloading/casting experience I've been "penny wise, pound foolish".

I hate these decisions. I don't need the Rolls Royce, but I don't want to Yugo either.

I just don't want to buy less tool than I need, only to have to buy another tool to do the tasks the one I purchased can't. I'm not really experienced enough to know "how is this choice going to come back to bite me later?".

Anyway, I would like to "do it right" but don't have several hundred to dump on it either. So hopefully a used but cared for setup will turn up. That razor edge between inexpensive and cheap.

You have several decisions to make assuming you want a bench mounted reloading press.

1. Do you want a single stage, turret or progressive?

Each will do the same thing with no better or worse choice in terms of ammo quality. The only difference is in cost and amount of ammo produced in a given time.

2. Once you have decided on which type of press you want, you will have to decide on a make and model. Here again this is a cost issue. I do not favor the low end Lee equipment due to longevity issues. I would go with a used press from another maker over a Lee as in the long run it will prove a better use of your reloading dollar.

I have 5 presses mounted on my bench and either of them will do for all of my reloading needs and last several lifetimes to boot. They are;

1. RCBS A2 circa 1955 - Brute strong single stage cast steel press that will do anything, including jacketed bulllet swaging you would want a reloading press to do. The cost was $200 on Ebay 6 years ago.

2. Redding 6 hole turret circa 2006 - Great cast iron turret press that cost me $225 new. I keep it set up for 38 Special which is my most loaded round. It will last several lifetimes.

3. Herters U3 circe 1960 - Strong single stage cast iron press bought on ebay about 2004, that will do any and all reloading tasks short of swaging jacketed bullets. This was a complex buy and sell off unwanted accessories transation that in the end put the press on my bench for the grand sum of $1.00.

4. Pacific Super C - circa 1955 - A strong cast iron single stage press that will accomplish all reloading tasks short of jacketed bullet swaging. I bought it in 2010 on Ebay for $20.00 plus freight.

5. Pacific Standard C - circa 1935 - a strong cast iron single stage press that will accomplish all reloading tasks short of jacketed bullet swaging. I bought it a month ago for $15.00 plus freight.

My reloading press history including mistakes;

I started loading in 1958 with a Pacific Super C single stage press and that was my principal press until about 1985. I loaded close to a million rounds of rifle and hangun loading ammo on it and it was still as good as new function wise when I gave it to a kid who wanted to start reloading in 1985.

In 1985, I bought an RCBS Rockchucker and used it as my main press until I bought the RCBS A2 and then I sold it for $50.00 in 2005.

In 1982, I bought a Lee turret as I thought it would be faster which it was. I found there was so much slop in the turret and flex in the support rods, it would not hold critical tolerances for match ammo. I threw it away.

In 1993, I bought a Dillon progressive, as I thought it would be faster which it was. With this press I loaded the only powder overcharge in my life and sold it soon thereafter.

I did by a Lyman True-Line Jr. press in 1962 and loaded thousands of rounds of 45 ACP ammo with it. I liked the press, but I wore out the linkage. The holes that held the pins grew to be oval and gave real problems. I sold it for a few buck to a guy.

The Point..

You are receiving a flood of information and opinions. I will give you my 50 plus experience with reloading presses and you can draw your own conclusions. I would only make a couple of observations from my years of reloading.

A. Avoid progressive presses like the plague, particularily for the novice and for everybody if you don't truly need the high volumn of ammo they will produce.

B. In the long run the investment in a quality reloading press is a lifetime investment.

C. Used high quality reloading presses are a far better use of your money than new lower quality presses.

dragonrider
09-06-2012, 12:01 PM
If I knew then what I know now and if that which is availbale now was available then, I would have gotten a Lee classic cast turret for my first press. I still do not have one but it is on my list.

r1kk1
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM
If I knew then what I know now and if that which is availbale now was available then, I would have gotten a Lee classic cast turret for my first press. I still do not have one but it is on my list.

That's the main reason a lot of us dont own CC single or turret. They came into the game late and I already had a 30 lb single stage working. It's a shame from a business perspective. I remember the ads knocking other presses and the turn down legs on a turret what was truly needed for sizing magnum cases. I ordered three different presses from them and only have one now - hand press. I listened to what they said, told them what I needed it for and it didn't work. Oh well, life goes on. That's why single stage aluminum presses from them and I don't get along. The frames were not the problem for me but the old style linkage would break. I bought a replacement Champion because RCBS quit making the A-series and Big Maxx. Nothing wrong with the Champion.

I've heard a lot of good things about the CC series both single and turret. They upgraded the linkage but I have not taken one for a test drive so to speak. There has been reports on a couple of linkage issues for the 50 BMG posted on Midway and a couple of posts here on bending the hollow handles. Nothing yet posted on the hollow ram yet. Lee markets and price these for the market. Fit and finish are the most common complaint on Midway. It seems like the CC has done minor changes over the years judging by posts. The weight is pretty lightweight for a single stage compared to some of the others over the years.

All in all, judging by the posts over various lists, Lee may have something that can be recommended for most jobs and maybe we will still see it many decades down the road. Time will tell but I believe the CC series will do it.

Char has some truly amazing old presses like other guys here on the list. Works of functional art. Sadly, CH4D will quit making the RockCrusher and the Champion and the presses themselves will be sought after. If I had the money right now, the OWS RockCrusher would grace my bench at 103 lbs of cast steel.

I wish the CC would have came out in the 80s. After the burglary, insurance only paid so much and the trials and tribulations guided me back to my original purchase.

Take care

r1kk1

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-06-2012, 04:21 PM
After reading this entire thread and having children in college now, my advice to you is going to be different than others who have posted before me. My advice is sell the AK with the over size barrel and get another one with a correct sized barrel.

Beyond that, focus on your studies first and go shooting when you have time between making sure you're well educated for getting a job in the future.

As far as the reloading goes, if you've got a major that lets you have enough time to both reload and shoot too, you've got too easy a major, go back and select something harder that will pay more when you get out of college.

Now that I've said all that, the Lee Classic Turret would be your best all around choice right now to reload with the most economically and efficiently combined.

Good luck with your studies, work hard and graduate,

Dave

Char-Gar
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
It is good counsel to pay attention to your studies and graduate. I spent 10 years as a full time student in colleges and universities and picked up a Bachelors, two Masters and a Doctors degree during that time.

I also hunted, fished, reloaded and shot during that time as well. If I didn't have those activities to take my mind away from academics, I would have finished those ten years in the nut house.

The students that go down the tubes are those who use their educational years to party, drink and drug. Wholesome reacreational activities are important during that time.

I have two children as well who are now both out of college.

My son got a Bachelors and Masters degrees and now works as a Geologist.

My daughter got a Bachelors, Masters and Doctors (Ph.D) degrees and now works as an upper level executive in a major energy producing company.

Both of my kids managed to graduate sane and had plenty of real life activities during those years. My son is also a hunter and shooter and did so during his educational years.

felix
09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
The very best of your play time in school will be to take courses and get good grades in areas deemed important for future PERSONAL growth. Best examples for engineers, for example, would be public speaking, technical writing, and believe it or not, anything to do with ACTING! Yeah, that means you'd have to get along well and SELL yourself into the ***** arena. There is nothing more important than SALES in any profession/career. Look at the management qualifications of Ronald and Barack, and consider how they did what they did. My grandfather gave me that advice, and needless to say I was chicken as all get out and did none of that except the public speaking and technical writing route. That's not NEARLY enough these days. You need expensive (and not necessarily financial) experience with "in your face" interactions. ... felix

jmort
09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Lee Classic Turret - I use mine in single stage mode. Swap out dies for new caliber in seconds.

reddoggm
09-07-2012, 07:55 AM
A. Avoid progressive presses like the plague, particularily for the novice and for everybody if you don't truly need the high volumn of ammo they will produce.

They Make powder check dies for a visual so as NOT to double up on the charge which can be easy to do with a manual indexing progressive press if you stop in the middle for some reason and forget to index to the next cartridge

Oreo
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Manual indexing progressives are just bad design imo for exactly the reason you stated. However, I must whole heartedly disagree that progressives should be avoided by anyone including the novice. I learned on the LNL-AP, yaught myself from scratch by reading and carefully applying. Progressives have a purpose and the reloader either has the desire for one or not.

dauntlessdave
09-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I started with a RCBS Rockchucker IV and have had it for many years, eventually moving up to a couple Dillon 550's. The RCBS was a great learning tool and I still use it for many things. I had a couple L-N-L's and didn't care for them realizing that although they were faster than my 550's, the down time was more than equalled by the reliability of the 550's. That said, my vote is to begin on a single stage, get familar and comfortable with it and then acquire something reliable like a Dillon 550. Natural progression.

trixter
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
LEE Classic Turret press.

joec
09-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I would also go with the Lee Classic which I'm using now after 3 other presses. It can be used like a single stage or as and indexed turret. It now is supplemented by the Lee Classic Cast press that I use for 1/4 x Dies and RCBS Magtech brass shot shell dies. I also have a Lee Hand loader I use to decap with at my CAS shots so I can decap and get my black powder cases in to soapy water quickly. Last I have a Lee Reloaders press I use for the bulge buster for my 45 acp rounds and the bullet lube sizing dies. I work on a very small bench and just swap using the lee bench plate system.

MT Chambers
09-07-2012, 06:39 PM
"Hey folks, he wanted a "real press", Forster, Redding, Hornady, Rcbs, in that order, IMHO! "

I assume that in eagerness to post your list of personal choices you missed that he's a financially challenged college guy living in a tiny apartment?

Seems better to use our experience to actually match a poster's needs rather than just propose to everyone what flosts our own boat. And that especially includes any suggestions for a progressive of any kind at all. Just ssaying. IMHO. ??

He asked for your opinion, I didn't.

cwlongshot
09-07-2012, 06:58 PM
What they said. IMO you will NEVER not need a good single stage press. I find better deals on used pressed at gun shows than Fleabay and don't have to pay shipping. Get yourself a good used RCBS Jr. and be happy. RCBS will fix it if you should ever need it. Regards, Woody

Here here!!!

100% agree!

Get a good manuel and READ IT!! I like to suggest the LYMAN as they don't make powder, bullets or primers... they list most common makers of all. Once you find a powder or bullet you really like, buy there manuel.

DON'T load when your tired, stressed or cannot devote 100% attention to it.

Good luck and have fun,
CW

Texantothecore
09-09-2012, 08:52 PM
The Lee Hand Press will do everything easily. It resizes perfectly anything you put into it.

I think they are running 35.00 now. Mine was 19.95.

Heck of a deal.

Moonie
09-10-2012, 02:55 PM
The Lee Hand Press will do everything easily. It resizes perfectly anything you put into it.

I think they are running 35.00 now. Mine was 19.95.

Heck of a deal.

I like my Lee Hand Press but have found it doesn't work well with the Lee collet neck size die.

r1kk1
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I like my Lee Hand Press but have found it doesn't work well with the Lee collet neck size die.

Yeah, me too. It does take some effort for the big stuff too. I still carry one when out hunting.

Take care

r1kk1

Horace
09-11-2012, 12:52 AM
A good single stage press,keep to simple!

Horace

o6Patient
12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Used rock chucker or any quality "o" frame press you can't go wrong.

trixter
12-29-2012, 04:25 PM
I may have said it before but I really believe you'd be really well off, spend $100 or a little bit more and get yourself a Lee four hole classic turret press. You will be very satisfied with the results.

gunoil
12-29-2012, 08:41 PM
All ya need!
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/1CB8C2B9-2E41-49E4-A8BA-001F226175F5-740-0000024A6F342472.mp4

call dennis @ titanreloading.com

Duckiller
12-30-2012, 07:26 PM
A single stage press at the upper edge of your price range from a gun show. Once you learn to use a single stage press you will have lots of ammo. Unless you are into serious competition you don't need a progressive press. For shot shells get a used MEC 600 Jr. Don't be in a big rush to buy something. With patience you will find a very good press that will last the rest of your life and you can give to your grandchildren, from a garage sale or gun show.

Steve H.
12-31-2012, 12:27 AM
As a new member and a new reloader to be. Thank y'all for 50 years of experience in 15 minutes.