PDA

View Full Version : Need WIN231 load info for 92gr RN Boolits, Please

daddyseal
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
The only load data in my manuals for 9x18 Mak. is for copper plated bullets.

Can someone HERE help me? (and not just refer me to another website)
Using WIN231 or HP38...what are starting and max loads for the cast 92gr round nose boolits I bought from midway?

Thanks in advance!

bowfin
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Could you help us out and tell us for what cartridge?

daddyseal
09-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Could you help us out and tell us for what cartridge?
Oops....9x18 Makarov.
Sorry, I'd add that to question above!

bowfin
09-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I would use this data: for Win 231:

http://makarov.com/w231lrn.html

Ignore any differences you might imagine between copper washed and lead.

"Copper washed" means the copper is very, VERY thin. When I was an electroplater, we would often copper wash (we called it "flash plating") just to get a layer of copper to act as an adhesive between steel and nickel, for example. It was thin enough to be immeasurable, for all intents and purposes.

daddyseal
09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I would use this data: for Win 231:

http://makarov.com/w231lrn.html

Ignore any differences you might imagine between copper washed and lead.

"Copper washed" means the copper is very, VERY thin. When I was an electroplater, we would often copper wash (we called it "flash plating") just to get a layer of copper to act as an adhesive between steel and nickel, for example. It was thin enough to be immeasurable, for all intents and purposes.

OK, Thanks....I'm busy reloading a bunch of them now.
My CZ-82 Mak is So accurate and fun to shoot...I wish I'd gotten one of them years ago.
I don't know of anybody who has one thinking it's anything but great!

bowfin
09-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I have wondered how well those Czech pistols shot.

I have shot the Polish 9x18 pistols, and they are accurate for pocket pistols, but they are somewhat obnoxious as far as muzzle flip and a tendency to bite larger hands if not gripped properly.

daddyseal
09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
I have wondered how well those Czech pistols shot.

I have shot the Polish 9x18 pistols, and they are accurate for pocket pistols, but they are somewhat obnoxious as far as muzzle flip and a tendency to bite larger hands if not gripped properly.
They are very accurate...and not much muzzle flip, not at all like you were describing!
They fit your have very, very well too.

Machodoc
09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Bowfin - the P64 is probably what you were shooting. It's sort of a little snapping turtle of a firearm ... not terribly precise where it bites, but plenty of snap! The CZ-82 is a great value of a semi-auto. The handgrips seem a bit flimsy (they are fine), but the rest of the gun is very nicely made. And, as DaddyS mentioned, they are plenty accurate.